Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Default Re: What website features would you like to see in the future?

I believe you can save out bar settings from the registry and reload... but that is clunky.... and this is a much requested feature
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I've reported this slow loading on my previous computer. I was hoping it wouldn't be present on this newer one but it still is. A 5 to 7 second delay can really slow down your work

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    I've reported this slow loading on my previous computer. I was hoping it wouldn't be present on this newer one but it still is. A 5 to 7 second delay can really slow down your work
    At my machine it takes 3-5 seconds to open the options. The first load is allways slower.

Thanks for asking! Here's a few:

• GUI cleanup – consolidation of web features, which are currently scattered in several RMB menus. Where it make sense to have non modal access to more than one settings page at once one should get dockable windows.
    • A Supersites replacement for Web-Presentations which uses individual html pages for its individual slides. This would improve load performance greatly and would be far more useful for SEO. There's not much competition for responsive Web-presentations tools, done right this could be an USP.
    • A Slider which exports properly named images to the project folder (right now they will get uploaded to Xara hosting, without even asking. Sure this isn't even legal, without previous consent (>GDPR)
    • Generally an accent on SEO. t's a fairy tale that good content ranks by itelf. Auto-generated image-titles are inacceptable in 2019 – please get rid of this filename= hack.
    • Contemporary Menu options. Multlilayer cascading Menus are looong dead – this whole button workspace could get replaced by something slim and reasonable, for both for Desktop and Mobile Hamburger menus.
    • An option to preview several variants at once
    • A more intelligent approach to multi-lingual sites. Linked file auto-duplication –similar to variants comes to my mind.

Not 100% related: Are most recent versions finally HiRes Monitor compatible? My Xara 12.8.1 looks tiny tiny tiny here.
    Last edited by hoja; 11 March 2019 at 06:16 PM.

Hoja, I 2nd your slider being uploaded to xara and it is dam slow, at times everything else appears before the slides, horrible. They can keep the same slider just out the images to the local folder, how hard is that?

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    Hoja, I 2nd your slider being uploaded to xara and it is dam slow, at times everything else appears before the slides, horrible. They can keep the same slider just out the images to the local folder, how hard is that?
    Probably not very. https://xaratemplates.com/ uses some very simple JavaScript and CSS with a WOWSlider component where all the images are stored in the design file. Equally, I have homespun that references out to an images folder to do similar.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi, I have just registered on the forum and I apologize for my English. I would like a new function to superimpose two images so that, scrolling the mouse, you can see how it was before and how it is after the processed photo. A slider that can be manipulated, can be dragged by the user to show less of the before image and more of the after image and vice versa. I don't know if I explained myself well .... this is an example from my site (made with https://juxtapose.knightlab.com/) .... the second image, with a metal ramp. It takes a bit of time to load: http://studiofem.net/render.htm

I beg you. The coding on this is easy as pie for you guys. When viewing in the browser, let us choose which browser opens up and not the (Xara Designer Pro X - Internet Explorer Preview) Internet Explorer is no longer supported, chrome is the most used browser, plus if you give users the option of choosing their own browser in the settings this would help us all. Tired of closing additional windows.

1. Local Design Gallery download page that INSTALLS without the need to connect to XARA to load every time the program opens.
    2. Projects created with older versions will open seamlessly in new version.
    3. Well designed Built in contact form feature.

John