Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thumbs down Text/Font Size splitting up between PC and Mobile Versions.....

Kinda new here, I bought Web Designer Premium 12 - Have not used much till now...

I find a bug that I do not like - or maybe was done this way on purpose but still, I do not lilke.

Let's say I change some text on a PC version of a template - make it size 20 let's say - I want it BIG for this header or text block. Great - looks nice. Now I go into the mobile version it's also size 20 and taking up half the da*n screen. Ok, no biggie change it to 12. Ahhhh, much better.

Save it and go back to PC version, now that's at size 12 too - NOOOO! I want the PC Version size 20!

Can't the program understand the text sizes in mobile and PC versions will differ because phones are smaller screens? Am I going crazy or what? How can I make it so it's 2 separate sizes for 2 separate versions of the site?

HELP!!!

Default Re: Text/Font Size splitting up between PC and Mobile Versions.....

Welcome to TalkGraphics drtechnology.

Text has styles attached i.e. H1, H2, H3 & Normal. You can change these styles in just one variant without it effecting the other variant by selecting Update 'Normal Text in this variant'
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	export.png 
Views:	67 
Size:	13.8 KB 
ID:	123482  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I too find this frustrating but I've got used to it. Xara will allow you to resize pictures without altering the other variant at the same time, but not text. The reason is so you can edit the text and it will reflect in all variants (fixing typos, changing dates etc.). If you resize the text box vertically (make it longer by adjusting the handles on the side) everything is fine. But, mess with the aspect ratio or font size and it edits ALL variants.

Right click the text you want to resize and go to 'Website Variants', then click 'Stop Sharing With Variants'. You can now edit away without messing up.

For text, Egg's suggestion works with any style: Update 'AnyStyle' in this variant; all without disconnecting the sharing across variants.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    For text, Egg's suggestion works with any style: Update 'AnyStyle' in this variant; all without disconnecting the sharing across variants.

Acorn
    Thanks EGG and Acorn - and interesting names lmao