Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How to Hide a Page from being published

Hi,
    Newbie here...

I have designed a website in Xara Premium, the site has 8 pages, however, when I publish I don't want to publish all 8 pages. Two pages will not be published now - but will be in the future.

How can I "hide" the two pages from being published?

thanks,

Kev

Default Re: How to Hide a Page from being published

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave View Post
    Hi,
    Newbie here...
    I have designed a website in Xara Premium, the site has 8 pages, however, when I publish I don't want to publish all 8 pages. Two pages will not be published now - but will be in the future.
    How can I "hide" the two pages from being published?
    thanks,
    Kev
    Kev, is the content important enough for you to not want it available until approved?

There are a number of strategies: code to jump from the page immediately to a safe page (content still published); placing a white rectangle over the content and grouping everything, not forgetting the other layers; copying the master design file and simply deleting the pages.
    Obviously, you need to consider the NavBar in all this.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi,

The page has content that is required - but probably not for a couple of months.

On another software i have used it was possible to "hide" the page and this would also hide the corresponding tab on the nav bar.

I guess i could delete the pages - but this would mean re-creating them and the associated content later

I just want to publish the site but not the 2 pages that i have created for later - is this not possible?

Kev

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave View Post
    Hi,
    The page has content that is required - but probably not for a couple of months.
    On another software i have used it was possible to "hide" the page and this would also hide the corresponding tab on the nav bar.
    I guess i could delete the pages - but this would mean re-creating them and the associated content later
    I just want to publish the site but not the 2 pages that i have created for later - is this not possible?
    Kev
    Kev, the software does not allow this. Run and keep a master design file (8 pages), copy it and delete the two pages and publish with this one (6 pages) until all 8 are required.
    Remember all changes are made to the master and a new sub-copy made to publish from.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

OK sounds like a plan

Thanks

Kev

I do this on the website I maintain. In the NavBar I just don't create a link to the pages I don't want displayed. When I want to add it I just create the link.

Quote Originally Posted by craftech View Post
    I do this on the website I maintain. In the NavBar I just don't create a link to the pages I don't want displayed. When I want to add it I just create the link.
    But the page is still published so it can be found: check its ..\index_htm_files\xr_files.txt.

Acorn

What you could do is put a filled rectangle over the contents of the page you don't want to reveal and group all assets on that page. When published, this page will only show a .png with a rectangle. When you're ready to make the page public, ungroup, delete the rectangle and create/activate the necessary links.

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    What you could do is put a filled rectangle over the contents of the page you don't want to reveal and group all assets on that page. When published, this page will only show a .png with a rectangle. When you're ready to make the page public, ungroup, delete the rectangle and create/activate the necessary links.
    My strategy 2 in https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...927#post605927. It is good that someone else thinks the same way.

Acorn

I must have subliminally picked up on your post. Anyway, your directions are still better because you advise to include all layers.