Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Title attribute

Default Title attribute

Hi there,

I have searched the forums and not been able to find the answer to my question. I use Web Designer Pro (16) to create my site which contains a lot of photos, including a banner photo across the top of each page. (see www.crookramblers.org)

As visitors to the site were asking where the photo was taken, I decided to add the title="Great Shunner Fell - May 2013" so that when users hovered their mouse pointer over the photo, it told them what it was. As you can see, only the alt description remains.

Is there a way in Web Designer where I can add this? It gives the option to add the 'alt=" " ' but not the title. I can do it OK by manually opening each html page in Notepad and adding the title information, then re-uploading the pages, but then everytime I update and reupload the site from Web designer the pages are overwritten and the title information disappears. (Note: I don't mean the <TITLE></TITLE> tags in the header, I mean those next to the alt tags.)

If anyone can tell me how to include this information in my pages from within Web Designer, that would be brilliant.

Many thanks for your help!

Debbie

Default Re: Title attribute

Debbie, try selecting the image then right-click and pick Web Animation.
    under the tab Mouse-over add "Great Shunner Fell - May 2013" in the Show pop-up text (Title) box.

@Xara - the confusions over when to use Web Properties > Image > Photo pop-up could be made clearer with a change to the UI boilerplate texts.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Acorn, you are an absolute genius! It worked a treat - thank you!

I would never have thought to look under Web Animations for it...! :-)

Debbie

Quote Originally Posted by Bollingerbabe View Post
    Acorn, you are an absolute genius! It worked a treat - thank you!
    I would never have thought to look under Web Animations for it...! :-)
    Debbie
    Always with Xara, you have to read the small print!

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat