Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: I wish I had 1% of this mans talent!

Here's a bit more encouragement to get that 1% of talent and beyond..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9Igiq58inw

In case anyone wonders, I have no commercial relationship with these people.

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    you can continue to tell people they can't enjoy art and have success with art if they have no talent and I will encourage ANYONE to take up art and enjoy it knowing that many people who believed they are unable to draw/paint/sculpt can continue to have success with it on a personal and sometimes commercial and critical level.
    I did not say that Paul; I never said you cannot enjoy art at any level; nor did set out to discourage anyone

what I did was make an argument for there being degrees of ability, and that some of the higher degrees are going to require talent, and the accepted definition of talent is as I gave from the dictionary quotes earlier

if you don't accept that, I have no problem, but I know that nature gives different people different levels of ability in many different ways

I am sorry if you feel I was getting at anyone...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    I did not say that Paul; I never said you cannot enjoy art at any level; nor did set out to discourage anyone

what I did was make an argument for there being degrees of ability, and that some of the higher degrees are going to require talent, and the accepted definition of talent is as I gave from the dictionary quotes earlier

if you don't accept that, I have no problem, but I know that nature gives different people different levels of ability in many different ways

I am sorry if you feel I was getting at anyone...
    That's good to know, so I think we are both pointing in the same direction and now it's up to Egg..

I do sketch but it is not as good as this man's work, he surely has talent.

I don't know, I think art - at least the art that I do, comes naturally. Sure you have to gain skills in whatever medium you work with. I use hand-drawn, vector map art using Xara, and using 3D software as my preferred mediums. I almost don't consider myself an artist, rather a visual communicator. I see images in my head, and am forced to create them to let others see what I see. I have an overactive imagination, and my naturual inclination at spacial geometry and image balance is always there. I'm not saying I'm a great artist, but the 3 points brought up by handdrawn, I have in spades... (shrug).