Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Repeating Objects - Designer Pro

Hi all,

I want to create a text box with a list of links. I want to have this text box repeat of some of my pages but not all of them. I want to be able to update one & they all update.

I would prefer not to use a menu because I have text other than the link text.

Any ideas of how to do this or a better idea?

Thanks, Steven

Default Re: Repeating Objects - Designer Pro

Repeat on all Pages. Then select the boxes you don't want to repeat and Stop Repeating > Just this Copy.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Repeat on all Pages. Then select the boxes you don't want to repeat and Stop Repeating > Just this Copy.
    Don't wanna let this horse out of the corral again... but everytime I see a post regarding 'repeating objects', it just gets me back to wishing for
    'MASTER PAGES'... or better yet... 'MULTIPLE MASTER PAGES...

Just one of the reasons why long websites (many many pages) is something I just won't do in XARA... imagine this...

... a 50 page site or more with a 'repeating object'... and I want the object removed from 20 some odd pages... so now I have to go to each of the 20 pages and do this...

Select the object/Right-Click the object... Select 'Repeating Object... Select 'Stop Repeating'... Select 'Just This Copy'...

Ain't that fun?!

Anyway... just compelled to say it again... / you can ignore this /

Cliff
    http://pianomagicnewsletter.com/ (never done - never time for me)

Master pages, yes yes yes. I have been doing a bit of paperback book designing and master pages would make the process so much faster.

Select the object/Right-Click the object... Select 'Repeating Object... Select 'Stop Repeating'... Select 'Just This Copy'...
    You do know that if you're simply deleting, you don't need to do this? You can just delete normally and Xara will ask if you want the object deleting from all pages or just this copy.

One method:

Create a page called "links.htm"

Then on each page you require the links to appear supply a placeholder :

<iframe src="links.htm" width=169px height=280px scrolling=no frameborder=0 marginheight=0 marginwidth=0></iframe>
    So you only require to amend the links page to have it change over all effected pages

See attachment.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    You do know that if you're simply deleting, you don't need to do this? You can just delete normally and Xara will ask if you want the object deleting from all pages or just this copy.
    Actually Chris... I did know that... I was just being a smart _ss. And trying to show my general annoyance with repeating objects... now, knowing that we can just delete the object and simple select 'just this object'...

I STILL have to do it 20 some odd times if I want it off 20 some odd pages... right?

Thank you

Cliff
    http://pianomagicnewsletter.com/ (never done - never time for me)

Thanks gwpriester!! That is what I was looking for.

Steven

I understand your point. What I have done is created a "template" page that will be used over and over to create new pages (of that type). While I will likely have 50 or more pages, they will be the same with the exception of the main content added at creation.

Hopefully I will not change my mind at page 50 and want to add something,...LOL.

Thanks for your thoughts!!

Steven

Thanks Egg. I will remember this!

Steven