Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default modifying we website template in MAIN does not get rendered in mobile or WIDE version

hi, I've had this happen to me before and currently, I'm manually going to the mobile and wide file versions, inside XARA, to make the same changes. I'm using a web template, that automatically created these WIDE and MOBILE versions. Do you know why or how I can perform updates to one platform version in XARA and have it automatically update to the MOBILE and WIDE version? I've seen XARA do this for example, on a different website, where I had a a MOBILE and MAIN version, but this was for a navigation menu, an object that had like it's own parameters. The difference this time, is it's a simple image or icon I replaced. I was expecting the change I made in MAIN to be reflected in the MOBILE and WIDE versions. And, I can see I made a change, because the original image icon is now removed. So it seems XARA is propagating my Delete, but it's not propagating the new image I inserted. Any ideas? Thank you. I would definitely like to know if this a feature I'm using incorrectly, maybe some project setting. screen shots of the issue attached.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xara_web_platforms_projects2.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	50.0 KB 
ID:	123451

Name:	xara_web_platforms_projects1.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	82.8 KB 
ID:	123452

Name:	xara_web_platforms_projects3.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	77.3 KB 
ID:	123453

Default Re: modifying we website template in MAIN does not get rendered in mobile or WIDE ver

Hi Mint, unfortunately this is a limitation of Xara's variants. I've only used a Xara template once. What occurs is as you add an object (text block, image etc) to the Desktop (Main) page of a template it isn't automatically added to the mobile / tablet / wide variants. You need to right click over it and select Website Variants / Share with all Variants.

Then obviously you need to resize, & relocate this to fit each of the variant screens.

So this needs some forward planning. I tend more & more to create a 480px mobile .xar file, and once I'm happy with the final product then create a desktop variant. Using templates isn't very conducive to additional amendments.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Default Re: modifying we website template in MAIN does not get rendered in mobile or WIDE ver

Thank you. My attempt to right click and Share with all Variants, did not share the small icon image to MOBILE and WIDE variant. If I double click on it, a new TAB opens in XARA with just this icon image (peace sign, shield...etc) and colored circle below it. I copy this icon from this TAB, as if I copy it from the MAIN variant, it seems to copy the collection of grouped objects, which I did not want to muddy up between too many object. So I then pasted it to the MOBILE and WIDE variants. I edit text and this does propagate to the variants immediately, without needing to Right click, apply to all variants. What I'm trying to say, is, it seems like templates are not a good way for me to understand how to use variants, because I haven't figured it out through this simple test. Variants do seem like a nice feature. I expect if I make a website from a blank new file, perhaps simple images changes can be updated immediately in variants, but to do this, I think I need to know the next question:

How do I take a project in Xara, (or a single TAB of a .xar file) and create a Desktop variant (create another TAB that says MAIN, or WIDE...), or vice versa a mobile variant? I looked up help and examined the File menu drop down, but do not see anything like this.

strange, I checked the Subscribe to my own post, but do not get emails if the thread has updates. there's nothing from talkgraphics in my junk email folders either.