Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: So This Website Was 'FINALLY' Approved By The Client... 'Boy' is a bit psychic?

Quote Originally Posted by cmpan1 View Post
    Boy... I had to tell you this. Yesterday I get a call from the client and guess what they wanted? They decided they were not comfortable with
    just the one (1) up to the top arrow scattered throughout the page.

They not only wanted that... but they wanted a back and forward arrow (to each section also) so a viewer did not have to 'always' go all the way back to the top...
    When I heard that I thought damm... 'Boy had mentioned something about the navigating was not optimal' ... which I initially disagreed with... (thought you were being picky) LOL

And of course... a few more tweaks were asked for... LOL (it seems it never ends)

Anyway... thought you'd like to hear this... so here is your... "I believe it could stand out a bit more"http://www.theeternallegacy.com/

Cliff

OH!.... and to all newbies and semi-newbies... (like me) that's why the importance of a forum like this... especially the 'TALKGRAPHICS' forum!
    I appreciate the feedback, Cliff. Yes, with all these arrows you go all over the place. Now folks will get dizzy. Perhaps a stationary menu bar might give a more serene navigating experience.

Default Re: So This Website Was 'FINALLY' Approved By The Client... 'Boy' is a bit psychic?

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    Perhaps a stationary menu bar might give a more serene navigating experience.
    That's a better option, but if the client is happy I tend to leave things alone. A screw-up at this stage makes the client wonder what's going on.

Have you offered them a sticky menu? It seems a much less obtrusive option. The arrows distract from that subtle glow that has to stay at all cost because I like it Also nice to see Bill looking less like an 18th century portrait.

Nothing wrong, just curious. Why the initial landing page, why not straight to the site?

Chris - pauland - boy...

Yes... I strongly debated with myself regard a stationary menu bar... but now that THEY'RE HAPPY... (today)... the best option I'm running with is pauland's "leave it alone" LOL
    don't wanna upset the apple cart... if I have any control over it...

To Chris' question regarding "why the initial landing page" Interesting question... and a very complicated answer...
    I have absolutely no idea why I did that... I must have been bored and started experimenting/playing on their site...
    I sorta liked it and have no rhyme or reason for it... maybe in my mind I thought it looked classy or modern, or something...
    how's that for professionalism...? LOL

Thanks all!
    http://pianomagicnewsletter.com/ (never done - never time for me)

Hey Egg... I knew you would "have to say it" LOL

BTW... You have no idea how many times you're short vid tuts have helped me...
    i.e. your latest to Steven Cox...

Keep em' comin'

Can't thank you enough!

Cliff

Thanks for your kind comments Cliff

.... maybe in my mind I thought it looked classy or modern, or something...
    how's that for professionalism...? LOL
    Modern or old hat? What goes around, comes around ...

Landing pages were very common in the days of Flash, giving the remainder of the .swf file to load in the days of far slower internet connections. I still think landing pages are a great way to open a website.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Thanks for your kind comments Cliff

Modern or old hat? What goes around, comes around ...

Landing pages were very common in the days of Flash, giving the remainder of the .swf file to load in the days of far slower internet connections. I still think landing pages are a great way to open a website.
    Yes Egg.... that's EXACTLY how I was thinking... "flash", "landing page", yes, that's what I meant to say... LOL

Kidding aside... thanks for the insight... didn't know I was doing something maybe 'old hat'... that sorta works... I like thinking of it as a 'landing page'. (of course, that's what it is)

Cliff