Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: TV Scan lines

Hello.

I'd like to know how to create "TV scan lines" in Xara X. I found a tutorial for PhotoImpact at: http://www.rodelworks.com/PI_Tutorial/TV_Effect/tv4.htm

(I've linked to the last page of the tutorial).

Any help appreciated.

Hello.

I'd like to know how to create "TV scan lines" in Xara X. I found a tutorial for PhotoImpact at: http://www.rodelworks.com/PI_Tutorial/TV_Effect/tv4.htm

(I've linked to the last page of the tutorial).

Any help appreciated.

... real quick idea.

Good Luck!

Risto

Sorry MAX, (step 2) it should say "give the blend a...

diri@videotron.ca
    Attached Images Attached Images

Risto is quite correct, the easiest way to achieve this affect is to use the blend tool.
    Bear in mind tho that the smallest screen element is a pixel. So ensure you do the overlay in units of whole pixels. The same goes for the spacings between the blends, ensure they are in units of complete pixels.
    See the attachment below. First bitmap has no overlay. 2nd image has a 1 pixel high and 5 pixel high spacing. 3rd image has 1 pixel high and 1 pixel spacing. 4th image has 1 pixel high overlay but the spacing isn't an exact pixel spacing.
    One further thing to remember is to view the image at 100% zoom factor to ensure you see the true effect of the final image.
    Egg
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks for the info, Egg.

Yeah, I thought that it was some combination of the Blend Tool. I was just going nuts getting the spacing right. There must (should) be an easier way to do this. Next version of Xara perhaps. For example, I should be able to use a alternating one black by one white pixel as a fill as described in the PhotoImpact tutorial I've linked to in my first post.

BTW, is there any way to draw a straight line other than creating a rectangle with one pixel height?

Thanks,

MadMan

Madman, using the shape editor tool, click for the start of your line, hold down ctrl and click for the end of the line.

I also use the grid with snap to grid enabled ...or ruler guides with snap to guides enabled.

TGIF!

Mickie

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

I thought I should make sure this thread had a link to Roman's excellent mini-tutorial that relates to TV scan lines. You can find it here.

I also attach a little animation I did some time ago...

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

I would like to add one important thing I've found out later.

It's good to use Snap to GRID when making pixel exact operations. Use major spacing 10pix and 10 divisions grid.

This way you can do pixel exact TV scan lines in a split second. (it's still good to zoom in a little though ;-)