Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Changes to the Content Catalogue effective from Version 16.1

Hi Rob,

Thank you for the news, and advice. It's very much appreciated.
    Last edited by Rob-Xar; 27 February 2019 at 08:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
    Just to give you a quick forewarning of changes that will be made to the Content Catalogue from version 16.1 (the upcoming patch soon to be released).

It's not a big difference but we're just slightly changing the categories of the Website templates folders to better highlight new themes. Currently the structure is:

• Websites
      • Website Themes
      • Single Page Websites
      • Business Themes

This will change to:

• Websites
      • Single Page Websites
      • Modern Business Websites
      • Classic Websites

• Arrows > Lines and Arrows
    • New folder "Photo Frames"

With essentially all the old themes being put into the classic folder and the single page / modern business themes being all the new ones and ones to come will go in there. This comes from a lot of requests we get from customers that struggle to find the new templates are and this hopefully should show them off better. There are a number of templates that are still in the works we hope to release soon, and this should make it easier to see them.

And now for the bad news. Due to technical reasons this does mean the Xara "loses" what has been downloaded... or rather it still exists in your appdata cache but Xara can't see it (so your local designs gallery appears blank) because of the restructuring. This means you can either re-import his into Xara or delete it and re-download. To import it into Xara:

1. Open the Local Designs Gallery
    2. Click Disc Designs at the top
    3. At the bottom, type %appdata% and press enter
    4. Go up a folder and go to Local / Xara / (XtremePro|Xtreme|WebDesigner|WebDesignerPremium)* / (version number) / Cache / Designs / ENG /
    5. Click Add

Xtreme = Photo and Graphic Designer
    XtremePro = Designer Pro

Alternatively, close Xara, open Windows explorer and navigate to that folder, then just delete everything. Re-open Xara and you can re-download it.

Third choice is you could just leave it, worst case scenario it takes up some disk space depending on what you've downloaded and will be removed when you uninstall (as long as you check the option to delete it).

Versions 16.0 and below are unaffected, the CC and downloads will remain as it is. If your unsure of your version, please go to Help > About.

I'll try and push for better handling of the content in future versions so you won't have to take such steps, or just avoid restructuring where possible.

Thanks
    Rob
    I have just paid for renewal of my update, downloaded V16 and installed it to find zilch in Local Designs Gallery.
    I have then read your article and trod the %appdata approach although my version is 16 (Supposedly the latest version). This gives me an extra folder at the bottom but precious little in it.
    Where can we download the online stuff to the local please? OR, are we supposed to do all our design online?
    Teedee

Right-click the folders in the Page & Layer Gallery and select, 'Download all". You have to do this for each of the main folders.

Installed Pro x 16.1.0.56164 update. To get the updated new structure Content Catalogue, just go to Windows Control panel and UNINSTALL Pro 16 Content Pack and Pan Studio. Need to reload Content Pack and Pan studio from the Help Menu within v16.1, 'Download Content installer'; then reload Local Designs Gallery. This brings in the new structure and new templates.
    Last edited by Initiostar; 05 March 2019 at 09:00 AM.

Ok I must be doing something wrong.

I installed the new update. I deleted the old content pack through windows control panel. I installed new content pack and I still have the old layout. Verified that I am at 16.1.

Any ideas on what to check?

Ray

Within Local Designs gallery, expand the Websites folder, to see Single Page, Modern Business and Classic, right click on Website folder for Download All; it worked for me. You have to do the same for each primary folder too.

Hmm the changes should be there, I'll check it out....

Thanks
    Rob

I don't have the new website folders under websites. I also don't see the arrows folder or photo frames folder, unless these are under a different folder and I am not looking in the right spot.

Ray

Are you using Designer Pro or PGD / WD? Can you give me the full version number under help?

Thanks
    Rob

Rob,

Just updated my version of Pro this morning. Here is the info:

Xara Designer Pro X 16.1.0.56164 DL x64 Feb 14 2019

Ray