Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: "Paste>paste size" is cropping the image, instead of resizing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    A strong point of the original was a batch process to avoid having to handcraft each and every image.

Acorn
    yes I'm aware of that, I use it a lot myself... I was refering to your:

All I can offer is Copy the shaping object then Paste > Position on the image and finally use (Ctrl+)Shift+Drag to snap the image onto the shaping image
    which is also not batch friendly, and longer than it need be

what xara should have done, as with many of these changes, is kept the old way of doing it as well as the new... added a 'paste crop size' option instead of just commandering an existing option that was so useful to many
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by cadudesun View Post
    Could we ask "dear xara" to review it non-sense behavior?
    Would a Mod move this Thread to the (Oh) Dear Xara forum please.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Acorn

** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Hi,
    I opened a support ticket with Xara/Magix, and I'm updating you about the issue.
    I recorded a new screencast detailing the issue in more details.
    Cheers!

--------------------------------

Thanks for replying Johannes!
    I recorded my screen showing the issue in details: http://bit.ly/2IvV3P0
    Please, watch that and let me know if my point is clear in relation to:
    "Paste>paste size" is cropping the image, instead of resizing it in XDP16.
    Then, how to "Paste>paste size" and achieve true image resizing (not crop)?
    In previous versions of XDP "Paste>paste size" resized the image properly.
    So the issue seems to be related with XDP16. Maybe a setting tweak can solve the problem?
    Best regards,
    Carlos

> Thank you for your message.
    >
    > I don't exactly understand what you are trying to achieve. The size is pasted without resizing the picture. So you want to paste size + resizement so that the picture does not loose any areas?
    >
    > --
    > Best regards,
    > Johannes Orphal
    >
    > MAGIX Software GmbH

Thank you.
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by cadudesun View Post
    Hi,
    I opened a support ticket with Xara/Magix, and I'm updating you about the issue.
    I recorded a new screencast detailing the issue in more details.
    Cheers!

--------------------------------

Thanks for replying Johannes!
    I recorded my screen showing the issue in details: http://bit.ly/2IvV3P0
    Please, watch that and let me know if my point is clear in relation to:
    "Paste>paste size" is cropping the image, instead of resizing it in XDP16.
    Then, how to "Paste>paste size" and achieve true image resizing (not crop)?
    In previous versions of XDP "Paste>paste size" resized the image properly.
    So the issue seems to be related with XDP16. Maybe a setting tweak can solve the problem?
    Best regards,
    Carlos
    Carlos, you were very clear in your description that v16 now crops the Paste > Size image, whereas before the v11/v12/v15 action was to scale the image to the Paste > Size selection.

Perhaps a Xara staff member you explain the now and prior working of the application Magix is supporting with the request that v16 operation is restored to that of previous versions?
    The merit is doing this is for the bulk resizing of selected objects.
    At the same time, the need of a Paste > Crop is clearly going to be useful.

In summary, we had the correct action Paste > Size, we now have the action Paste > Crop in error.

Acorn

can I request a confirmation from Xara that this issue is being addressed

thanks
    Nothing lasts forever...

I believe this behaviour was tweaked yesterday, I haven't tested it yet. Will let you know.

thanks Rob - I can see benefit in the 16.1 upgrade re tables and fonts, but not being able to batch resize bitmaps will cause quite a few problems
    Nothing lasts forever...

Great video explanation Carlos
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host