Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Rotating 3D Logo

Hi guys. Please could you assist. I have created a rotating logo in Adobe After effect with a transparent background..... the file is saved as a quick time movie, but the format is not supported by Xara Web Designer Pro.... I am wanting to use it as a centerpiece on a website's Header. Anyone have any suggestion on how to do this easier?

Default Re: Rotating 3D Logo

Resave it as a GIF.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

I am battling to get the effect in GIF.... please could you assist.

OK so no I just wasn't reading your post properly....... sometimes the solution is right there infront of you......:-) Now my problem is though that when I import it into xara it simply imports as an image.... what am I doing wrong?

In theory, if you've exported as an animated .gif from AE and then imported (or dragged) into Xara you should see what appears to be an image. However, when you either preview or export the web page the image will animate.

to preview the animation you would need to open the gif in xara as an animation document - you can do this in xara designer pro, but I do not know if you can do it in web designer, nor do I know how you would place it in a website header

if what chris suggests does not work then I would be inclined to think you would have to treat it as external asset using either placeholder or additional code

this question should be in the web designer forum ?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I can confirm that dragging an animated gif onto the workspace in WDP and clicking the preview button shows the animation. I've just done it using a blackberry that waves

thanks chris

when I said preview in last post I meant edit of course - good to know you verified the preview
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    I can confirm that dragging an animated gif onto the workspace in WDP and clicking the preview button shows the animation. I've just done it using a blackberry that waves
    Ha, nope. I took 'preview' for preview And yes, XWDP is capable of editing animation...I'm not, but XWDP is.

off topic - you still use a blackberry
    Nothing lasts forever...