Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Google Calendar Found, but having difficulty importing to my webpage

Good evening all,

After much trouble, I found a Google Calendar that I think will work to post classes for students for the month. I'm hoping the date box will hold the information. I will have to use small fonts. At any rate, I've tried most of today and still can't seem to import the Calendar Code onto my calendar page. I anyone using this calendar and can tell me how to complete the importing code process please? Finally, does will this be a situation where I won't be able to see the Calendar as I review the page or will I have to actually upload everything to the web before I will be able to see the Calendar? Thank you for any help I can get.

bob
    Last edited by musicmanrobert; 15 February 2019 at 11:42 PM.

Default Re: Google Calendar Found, but having difficulty importing to my webpage

Good Saturday Evening All,

Shaking in my shoes, I get that way when I don't want to make a mistake with my copy of Xara Web Designer Premium 15 or 16. At any rate here is what I found after I decided to take a chance regarding the Google Calendar. I decided to paste the calendar code directly onto my website page. My concern was whether I could see the results before re-publishing my website. To my surprise, when I did re-publish the website there was the Google Calendar. Now, my problem is, how do I input info on the calendar and change months, etc. I can't input anthing on the calendar once the website is published I will keep you posted as I discover new info. There is something I am missing. There has got to be a way to input info and make changes to the Calendar before or after I publish the website. Thanks all.

bob

Default Re: Google Calendar Found, but having difficulty importing to my webpage

Cross posting, but you sound like your getting there. Watch in Full Screen Mode.

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

You can open your Google calendar at any time and add/amend/delete an event. If you refresh your browsers view of the calendar these show up almost instantly.
    More on adding/editing/deleting events in the calendar:

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Good Evening Mr. Bramhill,

I've got to go back to the drawing board and check out the example videos you've posted here. Actually, I was able to finally see the calendar before I published the website so I thought that would permit me to put in dates, info, etc, but each time I hit the "Edit" or tried to changed the month, the Xara Web Property screen would come up. OK, I am going to take a look at your videos because it's apparent I need to delete the webpage calendar and start over. I want to thank you so much sir. I will be back in touch. Thank you again and I very much appreciate your reaching out to me.

bob

Hi again Robert, you can't edit the calendar from within Xara, as you state trying this only opens the Web Properties. Xara merely has a placeholder (a container) that serves up the calendar from your google calendar page. To edit etc you need to open your Google Calendar, not Xara.
    Egg

Mr. Bramhill,
    I knew there was something very wrong and you're right. I tried to edit the calendar from within Xara. I have deleted the previous calendar and will go back and get the code and put it directly on my web page. I did change the code to instead of 600px height, I changed it to 800px height. Is that OK? Should I put the code direcly on my webpage or used the body in the Web Property Screen? Finally, how does the calendar work if I am not making changes and imputing info directly on the calendar page in Xara? That's a mystery to me sir.

bob

I did change the code to instead of 600px height, I changed it to 800px height. Is that OK?
    You can set the width and height to any value you require provided they are within the page limits.

Should I put the code direcly on my webpage or used the body in the Web Property Screen?
    Create a rectangle. With it selected, go to web properties / Placeholder and select the Replace HTML code Body and paste the code into there.

Finally, how does the calendar work if I am not making changes and imputing info directly on the calendar page in Xara? That's a mystery to me sir.
    The placeholder in Xara is merely telling the page to load your google calendar from your google calendar page. Make a change to this google calendar page and your published webpage will serve up the latest google page.

When you publish your website with a placeholder to a google calendar it will load the latest version of your calendar. The Xara page just contains a container for this data.
    Egg

Good Evening Again Mr. Bramhill,

I am going to re-read all of the information and the watch the videos you have been so kind to provide. I will work on this the rest of the evening. After church tomorrow, I will get back to you here. Again, you've been so very kind sir.

bob

Mr. Branhill,
    Good Sunday evening to you sir. It seems that the height of the calendar cannot be changed above 600px. What happens to me is, when the height is set for 800px there is a blank area below 600px for the height. I have enough page because below the calendar is a telephone and telephone numbers for students to call. Any suggestions?