Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Google Calendar Found, but having difficulty importing to my webpage

Good Morning Mr. Acorn,

Thank you so much for responding. I am going to take today and work on this to see if I can figure out what's going on without bothering you all. If I still can't get to the bottom of this, I will get back here and holla for help

bob

Default Re: Google Calendar Found, but having difficulty importing to my webpage

Good evening all and forgive me for not sending a link. However, I am lost at this point regarding what to do. Please go to: www.newpathwaysconsultants.com and click on the "Calendar" page. As you can see, based on what I learned here I was able to get the calendar page 800px wide by 1100px height which is what I was trying to do, but couldn't until Mr. Bramhill and Mr. Acorn chimed in. However, my problem is, I can't find the code for this calendar which means I can't enter information. I should have bookmarked the code page. Everything works good on this calendar except I can't input the student classes. If I can get help figuring this out or get new code for a new calendar like this one that would truly be a blessing. Thanks so much.

bob

I should have bookmarked the code page.
    To find your calendar go to (You may need to log-in):

https://google.com/calendar
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hello Mr Bramhill,
    Hope you had a great day today. I went to the link above and it took me back to a calendar. However, no information I input on the calendar ended up on my website calendar. Is there any way I can access the code for the calendar your link took me to? If so, I can delete and add a new calendar to my website page if that makes any sense. Although it appears the link you provided takes me to a calendar, that one is not tied into the proper code for the calendar on my website page.

bob

Perhaps you could trust Acorn & I with access to your google calendar. You can always change your password at a later date. If so please Private Message me and/or Acorn your google log-in details. Either that or attach here your embed code supplied by Google.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi again Bob, thanks for sharing. I attach a xar file containing a link to your calendar. Hit Preview and scroll to March.

It's not final, it should be colour coded by course and not display Saturday or Sunday.

I'd suggest you don't include times in the titles, it just makes it to long to display. Also keep the calendar height to a minimum of 600px.

I don't use Google Calendars so it's a suck it and see for me too, but it's worth learning the details
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Mr Branhill,
    Again, I want to thank you so much for your great help. I really wish I knew more than I do so that I would not have to bother you all so much, but at 80 plus I am still growing and learning. Even at my age I don't want to stop growing and learning. Thank you for your more than able assistance and patience sir.

bob

Good Friday Morning Mr. Bramhill,
    I am just getting back to our calendar situation and will go to the link you've been kind enough to provide last evening. However, I wanted to be sure I understood all you suggested. Including times of each events/classes on the calendar is important because students immediately want to know if they can participate based on what time classes are. You also advise to keep the calendar height a minimum of 600px. Presently, the calendar on my calendar webpage is a little over 1000px. Do you think this will work OK? I am happy it was a learning process for you as well as for me. Please let me know your thoughts regarding my questions sir.

bob

Mr. Bramhill, Mr Acorn, and everyone here,

I want to thank you all for all you've done to help me grow. I am so proud to be associated with such and outstanding group of knowledgable folk.
    I believe for me and I hope I can speak for others who have also gotten help here, it's easy to come here for assistance. This forum is non-threatening and that's what else is great about it. Thank you so much.

bob

Including times of each events/classes on the calendar is important because students immediately want to know if they can participate based on what time classes are.
    Just my suggestions Bob, nothing set in stone

You can either add simple course titles or add additional details to these titles like time & locations etc. Problem with doing that is the titles get very long and basically foreshortened on your calendar anyway. My suggestion is that you keep your titles concise, just the course name & number.

As an example:

You can have a calendar title of "Real Estate Basic Training Course #1, Part #3 @ Liberty Hall, Swan Street. 14:00 to 17:00 "

Or you can have a title like "R.E.B.T.C. 1.3". The student will know the shortened course title they are enrolled on. On left clicking the course link it supplies the pop-up details "Real Estate Basic Training Course #1, Part #3 (R.E.B.T. 1.3) @ Liberty Hall, Swan Street. 14:00 to 17:00".

Personally I try to achieve a page that avoids the need to scroll.
    Egg