Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Linking pages to website variants in Web Designer Premium

Hello. In Xara Web Designer Premium, I have a main variant and a mobile variant of the same website, and today I added a second page - let's call it 'Page 2' to both variants, with scaling changes made to the mobile variant. To get to Page 2, I have a clickable link from the first page. When I click on the Page 2 link in preview, the second page appears fine in both variants. However, when I upload the website and click on the link, I get both variants of Page 2 on top of each other. I've tried deleting the whole website and reloading but I can't work out what's going on. The link to 'Page 2' seems to be loading both page 2 variants, instead of the appropriate variant for the device. Any help would be very much appreciated! Many thanks in anticipation.

Default Re: Linking pages to website variants in Web Designer Premium

Hi Nick, can you clarify that you're using Xara's variant feature and NO creating two independant web sites?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Default Re: Linking pages to website variants in Web Designer Premium

Try pressing Ctrl + F5 when viewing your website. If your previewing a lot from the same computer you are publishing from, the local cache can get mixed up and this can happen. Other people should see your website fine.

Let me know if that doesn't work.

Thanks
    Rob