Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Content Catalog Difficulties

Hello Again All,

I am having major problems (first time) opening up the "Content Catalog". Does anyone know what the problem can be? I have been able to open the content catalog without problems til recently. I wanted to see if it Xara offered a calendar my wife and I could use to schedule class dates. What can be the problem please? Thank you so much.

bob
    Last edited by musicmanrobert; 12 February 2019 at 09:13 PM. Reason: Made a change.

Default Re: Content Catalog Difficulties

What do you mean by 'major problems', what happens?

I am more than sorry I was not more clear. When I attempt to open the "Content Catalog" it will not open. An error message comes up instructing me that I can switch it on by going to Utilities > Gallery Menu. That does not seem to work. However, Google does so many things I thought I would see if they offered a calendar I could copy and past on a page of our website. Will I have to do a "Place Holder" in order to import the calendar since I won't know how large the calendar is? Of course I still want to be able to open the "Content Catalog". Thank you so much Boy for responding.

bob

Bob, I would raise a Ticket with Magix to get the Online Content Catalogue working again. Going to the Galleries does not have anything obvious for the catalogue.
    When you get it working, there are no Xara Calendar templates.

Google does have a Calendar at https://www.google.com/calendar.
    You need to sign in, create a calendar and alter the Settings toensure others only have Read access unless you are opening it to others to edit.

It can be put in an Embed a Website widget once you have done the above.
    It is adaptive so you can change the Placeholder width and height and, mostly, the calendar will adjust according.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hello again Acorn,
    Thank you so much for chiming in for me sir. I will raise a ticket with Magix as you suggest. My wife teaches real estate classes. We will need a calendar so that potential students can see what classes are available one or 2 months ahead. I will move ahead with your suggestions. Thanks you again for responding so quickly sir.

bob

Try going to Window > Control Bars > Reset and see if you can open the CC now.

(this will reset your control bars back to factory default's but any custom bars you have created can be re-opened).

Good Wed Morning Mr. Rob-XAR,

I am very pleased with your quick response sir. The method you advised here seems to work. Thank you so much for helping me with this issue.

bob

No worries!

Good evening Mr. Acorn,
    About a year ago you developed a website Calendar. I found the link and downloaded it to my computer. However, I could not get it to function. Only one portion of it would appear after I inserted it onto one of my webpages. Have you continued to work with your design and use it? I am looking for a calendar that I can put notes for various classes for a month or 2 (March & April) for instance. I've gone on the internet, but all I've found require monthly payments, even Google calendars. I don't mind paying a one-time-fee that's reasonable, but don't want monthly payments. Any ideas sir? Thanks very much.

bob

Info Re: Content Catalog Difficulties

Quote Originally Posted by musicmanrobert View Post
    Good evening Mr. Acorn,
    About a year ago you developed a website Calendar. I found the link and downloaded it to my computer. However, I could not get it to function. Only one portion of it would appear after I inserted it onto one of my webpages. Have you continued to work with your design and use it? I am looking for a calendar that I can put notes for various classes for a month or 2 (March & April) for instance. I've gone on the internet, but all I've found require monthly payments, even Google calendars. I don't mind paying a one-time-fee that's reasonable, but don't want monthly payments. Any ideas sir? Thanks very much.
    bob
    Bob, I recently updated the design so it could be added to people's sites - https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...016#post604016.

ASAIK< Google does have a Calendar at https://www.google.com/calendar that is free.

Try with that.
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat