Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Show and hide layers

Folks,
    I would like to command 2 or more layers open at one time while commanding all other layers to close. I know I can command layers to close if I name specifically, but that could be a long string of text prone to errors. I was hoping there was a command to close all 'other' layers.

So, for instance the Syntax in 'Web Properties' - 'Link to...' - popuppen "layer2","layer3"; close "all other layers syntax?"

I will attempt to add a picture. The names of the layers are different in the picture.
    Thanks for any assistance in advance,
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A-Capture-layers.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	52.6 KB 
ID:	123366

Default Re: Show and hide layers

Quote Originally Posted by Thev View Post
    Folks,
    I would like to command 2 or more layers open at one time while commanding all other layers to close. I know I can command layers to close if I name specifically, but that could be a long string of text prone to errors. I was hoping there was a command to close all 'other' layers.
    So, for instance the Syntax in 'Web Properties' - 'Link to...' - popuppen "layer2","layer3"; close "all other layers syntax?"
    I will attempt to add a picture. The names of the layers are different in the picture.
    Thanks for any assistance in advance,
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A-Capture-layers.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	52.6 KB 
ID:	123366
    Thev, you could check if the Tweak here (https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...121#post358121) is still valid.

If so, let us all know.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Acorn,
    Thanks for the information. I followed the thread and tried a few different ways but unfortunately, it didn't work. The syntax may not work as the links break when I try to add a 'closeAll' or other variation.
    Too bad there wasn't a CloseAll command or CloseAllExcept. I'll continue to work at it and will supply a solution here if I find one. If not, I may have to re think what I'm doing to find a different path.

Is there a source of all the tweaks or syntax? I have never seen a document listing all the commands available in Xara.

Just had a go myself. It only handles closing all not closing all and opening others.
    The link is just javascript:my_CloseAll();. You cannot precede or follow it with popup...

I can see how irritating it is but popup is an undocumented, meaning unsupported, function.
    Very few are listed. Search out siran's offerings as he is more of a coder than I am.
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

This example uses a small script (at the page head code section) that closes all pop-up layers when an element is clicked that has the name htmlclass=pucaopul applied.
    If you use a mouse over effect the name has to be applied to the mouse over state (as in the example).
    Not 100% sure if this is what you need and if it will work in the current version (I am still using V12).

Edit: Should have mentioned that it won't work in IE8 and older.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Cheers siran, on v16.0 i am getting mixed results.

If I sequence-click 8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1, I get pairs of stars opening with those previously opened, closing.
    If I repeat the sequence, I can get all 8 stars open.
    If I click the same star twice, it reverts to normal operation.

Thanks again,
    Acorn

Thanks for checking Acorn!
    Looks like I will have to install the trial of V16.

I can't replicate that Acorn. I'm using FF. I do get the odd anomoly in the Xara default browser.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    I can't replicate that Acorn. I'm using FF. I do get the odd anomoly in the Xara default browser.
    Egg, you are right. i only went as far as Preview. My other browsers are fine.

@Xara - another nail in the coffin of using deprecated IE code libraries. MS are even binning Edge code in favour of Chrome/Chromium.

Acorn

Thanks Egg and Acorn, so there is no need for an installation right now. That's good because I already have enough problems with my PC.