Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Windows Fonts Folder: Is it possible to sort by date order?

In Windows one can sort files by date order, except for the Windows Fonts folder...
    unless somebody knows otherwise - at least, not in Windows 8.1 anyway.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Default Re: Windows Fonts Folder: Is it possible to sort by date order?

bob I know you can [sort of] do this in windows 10 - not sure of windows 8 - but what you have to do is copy the windows fonts folder to another location, eg desktop, and then you can sort that folder as normal
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thanks Steve, your solution will do it for me.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

If you change the view to DETAILS, right click on the column headers, you can add date created and date modified columns (and drag them around to suit) and then sort as usual. However, it seems fonts don't know when they were created (or at least mine don't), but the date modified may work for you.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

I tried that Keith - as far as I can see [like you say] the columns can be added to the system folder but the info does not appear to be registered there for whatever reason... ?

BOB -
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

The fonts folder is a special system folder more related to the control panel than the standard storage folder. There are quite a few Font Manager solutions (software) varying from free to over $100. Although I haven't come across many, I don't ever recall seeing an install date being an option.

I do computer work for a couple of print shops that use font managers, I'll get in touch with them tomorrow and ask.