Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Downloaded content catalog missing

When I installed XWD365P, one of the first things I did was download the entire content catalog to my hard drive. Now, after my subscription has expired, it seems that nearly everything has gone missing from the User/Appdata/Local/Xara/Cache/... directories (which, according to a post in this forum, is where the content should be). All of the folders are there but almost none of the content. Navbars, templates, graphics, etc. all gone.

Is there somewhere else it could be? If not, any idea where it went? Most importantly, how can I retrieve the content that I downloaded (and paid for)?

Thank you.

Default Re: Downloaded content catalog missing

Quote Originally Posted by TheCapn View Post
    When I installed XWD365P, one of the first things I did was download the entire content catalog to my hard drive. Now, after my subscription has expired, it seems that nearly everything has gone missing from the User/Appdata/Local/Xara/Cache/... directories (which, according to a post in this forum, is where the content should be). All of the folders are there but almost none of the content. Navbars, templates, graphics, etc. all gone.
    Is there somewhere else it could be? If not, any idea where it went? Most importantly, how can I retrieve the content that I downloaded (and paid for)?
    Thank you.
    I am sorry for your loss. I have advised on TG many times to copy the Cache contents elsewhere as Xara has had a tendency to mis-program the sub-folders catindex.txt files with the consequential loss of the contents.

All you can do is contact Magix and complain that the Cache was downloaded and is now gone and you want access to the On-line Content Catalogue for a period to recover all the missing templates.

If you could document here what you feel you have lost in terms of Desktop application functionality, perhaps Rob-Xar might read your plight and lean on the powers to help out.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks Acorn. Is there a way to find out what is/was included in the content catalog? I was able to locate a saved catalog from an earlier version and want to see if the contents are the same.

Smile Re: Downloaded content catalog missing

Quote Originally Posted by TheCapn View Post
    Thanks Acorn. Is there a way to find out what is/was included in the content catalog? I was able to locate a saved catalog from an earlier version and want to see if the contents are the same.
    The best I can do is list my own XWDP15 Cache: XWDP15-Cache Listing.zip.

This is the Online Content Catalogue for version 15: http://downloadsv16.xara.com/web/catalog/index.html.

I also used CCleaner Professional > Duplicate Finder and not very many of the components have been changed across versions.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks Acorn. I checked it with the catalog I was able to find and it seems everything is there. Again, I appreciate your assistance.