Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Adding video clips from YouTube

I am just setting up a media page for the band that I play in. The first clip behaved itself perfectly. I have now added a second video which looks as if it is OK in Xara but when I preview the page the second video is duplicated a bit below and offset to the right. Please see attachments. The first pic is the preview, the second is the Xara page.
    Can anyone offer an explanation?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture1.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	70.1 KB 
ID:	123214   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture2.JPG 
Views:	93 
Size:	49.3 KB 
ID:	123215  

Default Re: Adding video clips from YouTube

You would have to upload your design file or the Placeholders' code as anything less is guesswork.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    You would have to upload your design file or the Placeholders' code as anything less is guesswork.

Acorn
    Thanks for your reply but I am not quite sure what that means.

I followed a video on Youtube by someone using Version 7 - I am on 15 if that makes any difference.

What I did (and it worked perfectly on my first embedded video) was to copy the embedded code on Youtube. Draw a box in Xara, go to web properties and paste it into the placeholder as in the attached pic. I do not know why the second upload should be duplicated.

I appreciate your help and will be even more appreciative if you can solve this for me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture3.JPG 
Views:	74 
Size:	65.4 KB 
ID:	123216  

This is weird. I have deleted the second video that I put on the page, but the rogue one is still there! In Xara I can't select it (because it is not there).

I have added another video beneath the first one which displays properly but the second one still displays.

I think I have solved this issue. Beneath my first video I added some explanatory text. I copied this text and edited it for the second video which somehow caused a duplicate video of the second one.

I have deleted that text and the duplicated has gone. Is this a bug?

I don`t think it`s a bug i just think your `explanatory text` was a copy and paste from your first video and it still had all the links to the embedded video so it duplicated the video. Maybe i`m wrong but that`s the only thing i can think off.
    I`m kinda new to this program and still learning as i go, but if you want to get an idea of embedding a few videos into one video placeholder look at my forum question, on the 3rd page you will get a sample of my on going project and in it there is multiple embedded videos in one placeholder.. It may cut down on the videos on a page... Just a thought anyway.
    Hope i was of some help anyway. Have fun making your website.

https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...n-another-page

Quote Originally Posted by stephenmisson View Post
    I think I have solved this issue. Beneath my first video I added some explanatory text. I copied this text and edited it for the second video which somehow caused a duplicate video of the second one.
    I have deleted that text and the duplicated has gone. Is this a bug?
    You might have grouped the text with the video so a copy brought everything over.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I seemed to have cracked the upload of Youtube videos having just uploaded 16 of them to Youtube and inserted them individually into placeholders but the problem is that they have no Youtube play controls at the bottom. I really do want them to be able to play at full screen.
    You will note that the inserted code has the code <allowfullscreen> like this <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Vbvmjgm7_NY" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>. What can be wrong?

My web site with the media page is here http://www.wcsw.org.uk/media.htm

Quote Originally Posted by stephenmisson View Post
    I seemed to have cracked the upload of Youtube videos having just uploaded 16 of them to Youtube and inserted them individually into placeholders but the problem is that they have no Youtube play controls at the bottom. I really do want them to be able to play at full screen.
    You will note that the inserted code has the code <allowfullscreen> like this <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Vbvmjgm7_NY" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>. What can be wrong?

My web site with the media page is here http://www.wcsw.org.uk/media.htm
    Stephen, I pasted the link into a Placeholder and all worked.

On your site, all I can suggest is you seem to have some scaling as the controls are just off the bottom and the pop-up more videos cannot be closed and the Pause button is right of centre.

I find the approach here to be cleaner - https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...Is-it-possible.

Acorn

Also, you seem to be having a jpg above the video instead of just having a link to the youtube video which has a default screengrab of the video. Also the sizing of your videos doesn't match the true proportions of the YouTube video.

As an example I attach a xar file that contains a placeholder that includes controls & full-screen options.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host