Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Add multiple mobile pages to a single page main site

Interesting, I see what you mean and this is certainly a first time I've seen this sort of layout!

I didn't have any problems with your file - http://robert1.xara.hosting/ayr/ , are you deleting the other pages after it has been uploaded?

Also, if the other pages on your main variant aren't in use so to speak, I would suggest un-sharing the elements there (don't worry, they should remain on the mobile variant), then delete them. This will reduce the amount of files that Xara uploads and also make the page more lightweight, although depending on the viewport, those on a tablet who view your website in portrait and then switch to landscape may see a blank page.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
    Interesting, I see what you mean and this is certainly a first time I've seen this sort of layout!

I didn't have any problems with your file - http://robert1.xara.hosting/ayr/ , are you deleting the other pages after it has been uploaded?

Also, if the other pages on your main variant aren't in use so to speak, I would suggest un-sharing the elements there (don't worry, they should remain on the mobile variant), then delete them. This will reduce the amount of files that Xara uploads and also make the page more lightweight, although depending on the viewport, those on a tablet who view your website in portrait and then switch to landscape may see a blank page.
    Hi Rob,

Thanks for your comments.
    What do you mean am I deleting the other pages once uploaded ?
    I have noticed that I have copies of the mobile site page names in the main site now ?

I can see that you have the mobile site working with the pages in your url - how did you get it to work ?

Cheers
    HostAgeek

Quote Originally Posted by HostAgeek View Post
    Hi Rob,

Thanks for your comments.
    What do you mean am I deleting the other pages once uploaded ?
    I have noticed that I have copies of the mobile site page names in the main site now ?

I can see that you have the mobile site working with the pages in your url - how did you get it to work ?

Cheers
    HostAgeek
    Hi Rob / Acorn,

I managed to get it to work on the mobile site and the main site.
    Couple of the nav links had changed so reinstated them.
    I named the mobile pages with an m_ prefix so I could see which pages were being produced then only uploaded the m_ prefix pages and it seems to be working fine.

mearnswood.com/ayreseng/index.htm

Appreciate all your assistance and comments which got me to the right solution

Cheers
    HostAgeek