Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Add multiple mobile pages to a single page main site

Good morning,

I have recently built a responsive website with a main site and mobile site. The main site is a single page and the mobile site is multiple pages.
    The issue I have is when viewing the mobile site the links to the pages don't work via the navbar - How do I navigate the mobile site correctly and link to all the pages to get the navigation to work.
    The main site and mobile site does not share any attributes they are completely separate designs but in the same .xar file.

Cheers
    HostAgeek

Default Re: Add multiple mobile pages to a single page main site

Does the NavBar Properties show the links for the buttons going to the correct mobile pages (e.g., Page 3 (contacts) (mobile))?

What you have described is not possible in a Xara -chosen Variant. Did you use Utilities > Website variants > Website variants? Or, all all the page in one lone tree list in the Page & Layer gallery?

If the design file is small enough you could upload to here for a TGer to inspect.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi HostAgeek,

The main and mobile variant should have the same amount of pages, if you have a different amount of pages (which technically shouldn't be possible) this will cause some problems. Do you know how you managed to get more pages on one variant than the other?

Many thanks!
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
    Hi HostAgeek,

The main and mobile variant should have the same amount of pages, if you have a different amount of pages (which technically shouldn't be possible) this will cause some problems. Do you know how you managed to get more pages on one variant than the other?

Many thanks!
    Rob
    Acorn / Rob :
    Thanks for the reply posts.
    I used one of the templates from Xara and customised the main site. Then I realised that I wanted to build a condensed version of the main site in the mobile version. The mobile version was taking a while to load so I split up the mobile site into 4 pages with links in the Nav burger. Index, Services, Experience & Contacts

I thought that you could have pages in the main site and a different amount of pages in the mobile site if they are linked by the nav. - dont know why but I just assumed that I could.

I did see a previous post where the mobile site was a single page and the main site was multiple pages - but I need it to go the other way around.

I have tried to uploaded the file for you to have a look but it's 15meg and the limit is 10meg I think. Any other way I can get it to you ?

Cheers
    HostAgeek

15MB seems a massive size for a design file that is mostly for a mobile showing.

Ensure you have mster copies of all images elsewhere and then try Utilities > Optimise all images.
    Close your Xara Desktop application and re-open.

Recheck the file size.
    You could try zipping it or uploading to a Cloud service like Dropbox and sharing.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    15MB seems a massive size for a design file that is mostly for a mobile showing.

Ensure you have mster copies of all images elsewhere and then try Utilities > Optimise all images.
    Close your Xara Desktop application and re-open.

Recheck the file size.
    You could try zipping it or uploading to a Cloud service like Dropbox and sharing.

Acorn
    Hi Acorn / Rob,

Here is a link to the file on Dropbox - Let me know what you think.
    In the file > mobile site you will see that I still have the single page for the mobile site (just in case I need to do a single page);

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pbsazcp8o7...bsite.web?dl=0

In the test preview environment the mobile site pages load no problem using the nav button but when published the pages are not available.

Cheers
    HostAgeek

Thank you for your upload. What was worrying Rob and myself was how you could manage to have a single Main web page and many mobile pages.

Well, what you have effectively done is clone the main page into the other page names for each Mobile page.

The problem you have is probably just down to the browser retaining an older version.
    Try pressing Ctrl+F5 in your browser to clear its cache and recheck. You can also try with a different browser or account to see if it is local caching.
    Some web providers take a time to refresh the server caches and usually all you can do is wait.

Sensibly you could publish two separate site and link them with a bit of code along the lines of https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...45#post604645:
    Code:
    <script>vpw = window.innerWidth;
      if (vpw > 480) {
         location = "<path to main>/index.htm";
      } </script>
    Acorn