Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Link needed

Question Link needed

I am looking at updating my ancient Designer Pro, and have current upgrade offer which is fine. Can someone please point me to a URL that will specify what the Upgrade subscription will run after the 12 month period?
    Thank You.

Lou

Now is not the time to dream and drift, there is work to do and loads to lift.

Default Re: Link needed

would this be it?

http://shared.xara.com/diNpZUgi2O/

let me emphasise you only get the online content catalog stuff with an active license - you may never use this [I don't] but if you do you need to bear this in mind because it may make updating or modifying projects difficult if not impractical once the license lapses if you don't renew
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    would this be it?

http://shared.xara.com/diNpZUgi2O/

let me emphasise you only get the online content catalog stuff with an active license - you may never use this [I don't] but if you do you need to bear this in mind because it may make updating or modifying projects difficult if not impractical once the license lapses if you don't renew
    Thank you. That "sort of" answers my question. Kinda looks like the upgrade subscription is what we used to call an upgrade when a new version came out. Now it is annual instead. Appreciate your enlightenment, not sure why I never found that.

Lou
    Now is not the time to dream or drift, there's work to do and loads to lift.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

each license runs for a year from when you start, so xara's income stream is spread out over the year, one of the reasons they did it apparently

but if you build websites, for example, using the online catalog asset you have to bear in mind that you will lose that asset if you not renew; some things will keep working but will not be maintainable, some things will stop working

of late most updates have been to the web/catalog end of the program rather than the vector side which is why I have not renewed to ver 16, and would not have renewed to 15.1 had I not got a humble bundle deal

but since if you have an older version, worth trying out the trial if you have not already done so before you take up the offer...
    Last edited by handrawn; 06 February 2019 at 10:03 AM.
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Also keep in mind that you can down load the catalog to your computer and keep using it after the subscription expires. You just will not have access to any updates in the catalog or software after the subscription expires.

Ray