Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Testing website & variant on iOS

Hi, I've just published a site and went to google mobile friendly checker where it passed with a 96% rating.
    What I don't know is if that covers Android & iOS, I presume it does?

I know the main site and android mobile works fine, but someone told me they couldn't see it on their iphone.
    Can anyone recommend a site to check iOS devices. I seem to recall this has been mentioned before but can't find it.

Thanks
    Mick

Default Re: Testing website & variant on iOS

Can anyone recommend a site to check iOS devices.
    Post you link here and we can check it out in real time.

Thanks Gary

It's www.hmsloftrooms.uk

The menu type is teeny tiny. The menu works but larger type would be better. Also the text is very small. I would make it larger so old people like myself can read about your company.

I tested in Safari and Edge on my iPhone X. Everything seems to work OK.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screenshot.png 
Views:	61 
Size:	171.1 KB 
ID:	123262  

Gary,

Thanks for taking the time to check the site in those two browsers on your iphone and it's good to hear everything seems to work ok.

I was thinking the menu type was small aswell so agree with you there.
    I set the text to 16px thinking that would be the right size but I take onboard your comments and I'll discuss it with the owner.
    What size do you use for mobile text?

Many thanks.

What size do you use for mobile text?
    Well a bit larger than what you have. 16-18px should be OK but a few sizes up would be better.

Mobile variants should not be duplicates of the full browser version. Bandwidth is a consideration as is the size of the screen or tablet. I like to condense the content down: fewer images, and less text. These are two very different environments.

I'll throw the same insights in for the Samsung S7 and 8 and a Meizu Note 6 Plus. All Android, but different screen resolutions.
    I didn't have any trouble with text size, but the menu comes across as being cramped.

I want a loft now.

@ Gary. Thanks for the advice. All makes sense and noted.

@ Chris. Thanks to you too for taking the time and trouble to check out the site with those 3 devices and your observations.
    The menu will be getting changed.

Pleased to know the site is good enough to make you want a loft.

Interesting site.

I'm intrigued by the design of the site and the emphasis on the 'British Product' influencing the colours. What made you go down that route and does that mean you don't source any product from outside the UK ( Velux is a Danish company - I think they manufacture them there). What exactly does it mean? I think you are on very shaky ground with your 'British Product' proposal.

Our loft space isn't suitable for conversion (too shallow with roof trusses in the way) but there's one aspect of your offering that really bothers me - the electric stairs. I had always thought that planning permission is a big problem with access like that (I doubt that the conversion could be used for living space). I don't understand why you don't offer a permanent access option.

Lastly I thought I'd mention the last thing I saw from Velux - a window that opens to form a balcony. Superb.

Don't get me wrong - excellent concept for an additional work/play space.

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    Interesting site.

I'm intrigued by the design of the site and the emphasis on the 'British Product' influencing the colours. What made you go down that route and does that mean you don't source any product from outside the UK ( Velux is a Danish company - I think they manufacture them there). What exactly does it mean? I think you are on very shaky ground with your 'British Product' proposal.

Our loft space isn't suitable for conversion (too shallow with roof trusses in the way) but there's one aspect of your offering that really bothers me - the electric stairs. I had always thought that planning permission is a big problem with access like that (I doubt that the conversion could be used for living space). I don't understand why you don't offer a permanent access option.

Lastly I thought I'd mention the last thing I saw from Velux - a window that opens to form a balcony. Superb.

Don't get me wrong - excellent concept for an additional work/play space.

I sent your message to the owner of the website and below is his reply.

Hi Mick,

How lovely to hear from you and great to get a response on the forum you use regarding my website. Can I once again give you a big thank you for all your hard work developing the website. I can’t tell you how pleased I am with what you've done.

I know you agree that I have come up with an amazing concept for loft conversions. I think anyone thinking of converting their loft into a useable space will be very impressed in what we can offer. Could you pass on my thanks to your forum gentleman for his reply to you and tell him if he would like any further information about the company and products to contact me directly either by email or phone and I would be very pleased to answer any questions he may have. Once again Mick many thanks.

John.