Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Link to Web or Email address & Link to anchor & Open link..Is it possible??

Hello everyone.
    I have a list of track names on a page that are linked to an embedded video. The embedded video is named ABBA, in web properties i use `Link to Web or Email address` and paste in the youtube video link and then in the `Open link` drop down i add `abba`. Press apply and then OK.
    This all works great but what i wanted to know is if it`s possible to add an anchor as well so that when i click on the track name it will change the embedded video and scroll down the page to where the video is situated so that i can then play the video..?

File attached
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Link to Web or Email address & Link to anchor & Open link..Is it possible??

There is only one way to find out. Try it. It's the best way to learn.

It sounds to me like you already have something that works.

Default Re: Link to Web or Email address & Link to anchor & Open link..Is it possible??

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    There is only one way to find out. Try it. It's the best way to learn.

It sounds to me like you already have something that works.
    Yeah i have tried it (Sorry i meant to say that in my original post) as many ways as i could think of to see if it will work but it doesn`t seem to work. It will link to the anchor and scroll down to the video but it opens up the whole page in the video placeholder with scroll bars at the side and bottom but it won`t open the embedded video that the link points to.. The reason being that when i point the web properties, `link to anchor` it deletes the web page link to the video at the top of the properties page, so all it does is go to the anchor and open the embedded video but not the video it is meant to open..
    That is my problem and was wondering if there is a way around it somehow, like maybe a piece of code to place in the html code (body)??
    What i really need is to be able to go to Web Properties, Link page and put a tick in the `Link to Web or Email address` and then a tick in the `Link to anchor` and then type `abba` or whatever i need into the `Open link` drop down, but it will only let me tick 1 item at a time on that page, i need multiple choice on that page :P lol

I`m not sure this makes any sense to anyone but i did my best lol.. words are hard :P

I guess i have more experimenting to do.

If anyone has a suggestion PLEASE let me know.. Thanks.

Straight up let me say I don't have an answer for you. Second, if the rest of the site looks as good as that page...noice.

Now. You're right, you can't select multiple choices and, also, typing 'abba' into the 'open link' section will do nothing as that section tells the link how to open. Try choosing 'Same window (_top)'. It isn't what you're looking for, but it will show you what those choices do.

I'm curious if there's an answer myself. Nothing in the pipeline, but it would be interesting to file in the old memory box.

Would this be of any help at all??

https://html-online.com/articles/ani...nction-jquery/

Quote Originally Posted by Spitsoor View Post
    Yes that is excellent Spitsoor.. Thank you. Only thing is how to add it into my site as i`m not sure on adding code, that is main reason why i use xara web designer as the code side of things fries my brain.
    If its addable in web properties/ placeholder HTML code (body) or HTML code (head) then it would be no problem, other than that i would be lost. But thank you for the link.

I'm no code jockey, but I think the link is just a replication of the 'Link to Anchor' choice in Xara. I won't start the video link and scroll at the player, just scroll to the player.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    Straight up let me say I don't have an answer for you. Second, if the rest of the site looks as good as that page...noice.

Now. You're right, you can't select multiple choices and, also, typing 'abba' into the 'open link' section will do nothing as that section tells the link how to open. Try choosing 'Same window (_top)'. It isn't what you're looking for, but it will show you what those choices do.

I'm curious if there's an answer myself. Nothing in the pipeline, but it would be interesting to file in the old memory box.
    Thanks for the suggestion Chris, i did try those choices to see what they did, but as you said it`s not really what i`m after. I can`t seem to find anything that will do what i want, which is a pity. I`ll just keep trying and see what i can come up with if anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    I'm no code jockey, but I think the link is just a replication of the 'Link to Anchor' choice in Xara. I won't start the video link and scroll at the player, just scroll to the player.
    Yeah i have realised that myself as well, its just doing what Xara`s `Link To Anchor` would do, so it`s not what i`m after either. There has to be a way to do it or is it just wishful thinking..lol

Lightbulb Re: Link to Web or Email address & Link to anchor & Open link..Is it possible??

Yes it is possible.

I have had to mangle your approach with IFRAMEs, sadly, which is very elegant.

For each video link:
    • Replace each address with
      Code:
      javascript: void(window.open('https://www.youtube.com/embed/ETxmCCsMoD0', 'abba')); document.getElementById('end').scrollIntoView(true);
    • Reset the Open link from 'abba' to Same frame (_self).
    • Click on the Video placeholder itself and give it a Name of 'end'.
    • Add id='abba' to your Placeholder code:
      Code:
      <iframe name="abba" id="abba" width="800" height="486" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xFrGuyw1V8s" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

On my limited testing, it seems to work OK.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat