Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Worth the jump from XDPro X10 to latest version?

Guys/Gals:

Before you chuckle hysterically on the floor, yes,..I'm a holdout and have been using Xara DPro X10 professionally since it was released awhile back.
    I'm not one to upgrade unless I just feel it is worth the jump. Understanding a LOT has happened since that version including, but not limited to, the nightmare we now know of as Magix, I would love some professional opinions regarding the latest release of Designer Pro (or whatever they are calling it now)

Is it worth the jump to move to the latest release? Is it stable? Does Magix support it? Is it now subscription based?(I guess I can check that one for myself)
    If there have been any significant improvements what would you say they were since version X10? I know this can be subjective but wondered how stable it was as far as crashing. Is the layout similar to X10 or have they played around with it too much?

I'm ok with X10 but wondered perhaps if it was time to freshen things up and make a jump up. Maybe it handles .eps files a bit better..or maybe it has improvements in the pen tools etc...

Thanks for any insight to this. My primary concern is pricing and if Magix has broken it in any way.

Todd

Default Re: Worth the jump from XDPro X10 to latest version?

I held on using Xara Xtreme 4, then finally moving to Xara Designer Pro x11. I don't know what your needs are so I am not here to sell you into upgrade, but just stating that if whichever version does the job, do you require the upgrade? I guess you need to decide why you need to upgrade, then do so to satisfy that need.

~Fred

The question is are there any new features that will make your work easier? If not, then stick with what you have.

Or download the latest version and run the trial to see what additions are useful to yourself
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

For me, the ability to rename objects in the Page and Layer Gallery was a game changer....

Quote Originally Posted by TDolce View Post
    Guys/Gals:

Before you chuckle hysterically on the floor, yes,..I'm a holdout and have been using Xara DPro X10 professionally since it was released awhile back.
    I'm not one to upgrade unless I just feel it is worth the jump. Understanding a LOT has happened since that version including, but not limited to, the nightmare we now know of as Magix, I would love some professional opinions regarding the latest release of Designer Pro (or whatever they are calling it now)

Is it worth the jump to move to the latest release? Is it stable? Does Magix support it? Is it now subscription based?(I guess I can check that one for myself)
    If there have been any significant improvements what would you say they were since version X10? I know this can be subjective but wondered how stable it was as far as crashing. Is the layout similar to X10 or have they played around with it too much?

I'm ok with X10 but wondered perhaps if it was time to freshen things up and make a jump up. Maybe it handles .eps files a bit better..or maybe it has improvements in the pen tools etc...

Thanks for any insight to this. My primary concern is pricing and if Magix has broken it in any way.

Todd
    Hi Todd,
    You can install a v16 trial to give it a try. It can run in parallel with your current version. Here is a link to all products: https://www.xara.com/us/products/

All the best,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by TDolce View Post
    Guys/Gals:

Todd
    +1 Magix Nightmare. They have totally creamed what was a great product. I renewed my updates just to get access to the online content and, hopefully download what I want. Hmmmmm....