Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default All Effects Slideshow Eidget

XARA Web Designer 11 Premium......

I am attempting to use an All Effects Slideshow Widget to display a slideshow accordian of different pictures.

If I Left Click on any of the pictures as it is being displayed, I want the widget to transfer me to a different page in my website (same directory).

When I right click and open the Widget I get a display of all of the pictures I have added into the slideshow.
    Right clicking on any of the pictures opens a menu box where I left click on Web Properties.
    In the Web Properties under the Link Tab, I left click on the Link To Radio Button.
    I select the proper page I want the picture to link to from the drop-down menu choices.
    Left click the OK Button.
    Hold CTRL & press "S" to save my changes

Perform a Preview Website.
    after it compiles,
    The Slideshow progresses OK through the pictures.
    If I left click on any picture that I have installed a link to I get a HTPP 404 Error "The webpage cannot be found".

What am i being to dense to see or understand here

If I link to the same webpage that gets the 404 error from a standard Menu Button it works properly......

Thanks
    Ron
    Last edited by Wodlik; 01 February 2019 at 08:02 PM. Reason: spelling

Default Re: All Effects Slideshow Eidget

I get the same thing. Except I don't even get the cursor change to the pointing hand.

Maybe one of the members will have a solution or work around for this.

I just tried with Cycle2 Widget, Transitions 17, and added all manner of links to any of the images successfully.
    Copy your failing widget to a new file and upload it to TG here.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Acorn - The widget in question here is the All Effects Slideshow. And near as I can tell, you can add a link to each photo but it does not work when you preview the slideshow.

Same answer, All Effects works fine.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

You can add hyperlinks to the photos that work?

Info Re: All Effects Slideshow Eidget

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    You can add hyperlinks to the photos that work?
    Yes.

Round Table.web

Acorn

Did you do anything to make it work? Because when I tried it yesterday none of my links worked.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Did you do anything to make it work? Because when I tried it yesterday none of my links worked.
    No changes, just created pages first then changed the links.

Acorn

I just tried it and it works without even adding new pages. I am not sure what I did wrong yesterday.