Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lightbulb 2 of 3 links on homepage do not work. in Xara, link to is set. in preview no work.

hi, in the website, https://hbm.bike, I cannot get some links working. when I hover the mouse over the Link, it renders inactive, like normal text. This was working a few weeks ago. I made a workaround by putting new links in the paragraph section of the homepage. The only thing that changed is I reinstalled Xara, because I reset my windows laptop to factory, to clean up drive space. I then copied the .xar file back to my local directory and opened in Xara and noticed the images and links not working after publishing to update something else. I also notice that Xara seems to specify 64-bit in the splash screen, when I open it, but I'm quite sure it was 64-bit previously, same laptop, same splash start, or it's like a blue color splash now, instead of purple.

click Hours and Location, it works.
    click Magical Museum Bike tour, or Building Campaign, for nothing.

I've tried deleting image and text and typing in new.
    tried,.. selecting Arrange, bring to front.
    deleted the image behind the white text.
    Xara Designer Pro X 12.6.0.49270 DL x64 Mar 30 2017

Default Re: 2 of 3 links on homepage do not work. in Xara, link to is set. in preview no work

You mean the nav bar links? They all work for me. Did you refresh the page in the browser? (Ctrl + F5)

Default Re: 2 of 3 links on homepage do not work. in Xara, link to is set. in preview no work

You just have the text as the link in 'Hours and Location'. I'm going out on a limb and betting you just clicked the text box on the other two and tried to make a link.

Highlight the text as if you were going to edit the text itself and then create the link.

I have highlighted the text to make all 3 text web links, as in this screen shot. and the picture behind them is a link also. it's very strange. yes, only the hours and location is linking. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xara_links_inactive_homepage.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	74.2 KB 
ID:	123310

They work for me as well.

Hard to say without seeing a file, does this happen locally or only after publishing? Do you have any objects in front of the text (like the transparent part of an image or another text box that overlaps it)?

ok. click Magical Museum Bike tour, or Building Campaign, this works on your browser? the navigation works, but it's not the group of 3 links I'm having issue with. it happens in preview F5, different browser and publish on laptop and iphone. I've tried arranging to make sure the link is above anything I cannot know about. I've also copied and pasted the Hours and Location link that does work. and paste it onto the 3rd image, but it's not a link. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xara_links_inactive_homepage3.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	79.0 KB 
ID:	123315 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xara_links_inactive_homepage2.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	79.5 KB 
ID:	123316

Would you upload your .xar/.web file? This has the look and feel of something simple that you're probably looking straight at but skipping over. You could be looking too hard and a fresh pair of eyes may well spot the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by mintintegral18 View Post
    ok. click Magical Museum Bike tour, or Building Campaign, this works on your browser? the navigation works, but it's not the group of 3 links I'm having issue with. it happens in preview F5, different browser and publish on laptop and iphone. I've tried arranging to make sure the link is above anything I cannot know about. I've also copied and pasted the Hours and Location link that does work. and paste it onto the 3rd image, but it's not a link. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xara_links_inactive_homepage3.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	79.0 KB 
ID:	123315 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xara_links_inactive_homepage2.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	79.5 KB 
ID:	123316
    sorry, editing typo, it is the group of 3 links...also seen in screen shot.

thanks for taking a look. here is a Xara project file. I think ...if I remember a few weeks ago when I cleaned up my new laptop, for the first time,....that this section of images with links was missing when I first opened it in a fresh install of Xara Designer Pro. Indeed, it could be something that I remade incorrectly.
    Attached Files Attached Files

You have the offending items on the 'Background' layer, not the 'Mouse Off' layer.

Copy the files that are located on the background layer and paste them in the Mouse Off layer in the same position. Then lock the background (padlock icon).