Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HELPPPP

Default HELPPPP

I'm in trouble.

I need to make a calendar on a website that is editable by the owner, but I don't think Xara supports any of this.

I did try with a Tockify embedded one, but that just didn't look like I want it.

So I thought, maybe if I make one with a table and import a cvs document?

But how do I get the extra table cells when the client adds info to the document?

Can anyone help?

Default Re: HELPPPP

Google calendar using their gmail, You can embed it, then they update as needed.

hi koko.

I need a calendar that looks like it;s part of the website, so with css added.

I'd go along with Koko's suggestion. I'd think it far more important for your client to have easy access & amendments to the calendar than you spending a lot of time matching it to your websites look. Just embed the Google calendar within your site. It appears to me that the only two options that can't be changed are the dark blue of the calendar text (Monday, Tuesday etc) and the the outer background of the calendar (Pale Blue)

Example:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	export.png 
Views:	79 
Size:	15.7 KB 
ID:	123233  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

You could also place a big square behind it and give a color to match your site.

I am shocked at how easy you guys are dismissing site aesthetics. this is a webdesign forum!!

I went and brushed up my javascript and css skills and am going to code a fill in page myself (if I can get it done...fingers crossed)
    I want a simple list, with a block date at the front and the info behind. Not the ugly never matches anything Google monstrosity.
    below is what I am looking for.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	c38d4c7f-4ca4-4b63-b844-f29ce7da1d8b.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	32.5 KB 
ID:	123237

Quote Originally Posted by Spitsoor View Post
    I am shocked at how easy you guys are dismissing site aesthetics. this is a webdesign forum!!

I went and brushed up my javascript and css skills and am going to code a fill in page myself (if I can get it done...fingers crossed)
    I want a simple list, with a block date at the front and the info behind. Not the ugly never matches anything Google monstrosity.
    below is what I am looking for.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	c38d4c7f-4ca4-4b63-b844-f29ce7da1d8b.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	32.5 KB 
ID:	123237
    Nice design, though it's not a calendar, it's a list of events.

Nicely done.

Spitsoor, an approach I might consider is using http://www.tablesgenerator.com/html_tables.

You can create your required CSS and save the template (events.tgn) and pass that with the web address above to the owner..
    Thereafter your client owner loads the template and adds rows and manipulates as required.
    The template/table is saved, awaiting the next edit cycle.

The displayed code is copied to the Clipboard and saved as the same filename (events.htm) and published to a location that the owner can publish directly to.
    Occasionally, you get a copy of the tgn file for save-keeping.

Your Xara design simply has an iframe to the same location.

Acorn

P.S. Your original asked for a calendar, which is a different kettle of fish.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

The OP has to exercise a little patience in collecting answers on the forum.

That's not a calendar! It's a list of forthcoming events.

DEMO
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host