Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Mouse over state for sub menu items? how to?

If I have a navigation bar as such:
    Sports
    --Hockey
    --Football
    --Swimming
    Pets
    --Dogs
    --Cats

How do I have Sports to show the mouse-over state always on when I am on the Hockey page? I'm massaging a template and the [Main] page seems to always be in the mouse-over state and I cannot see where/how to modify it.

Many thanks!

Default Re: Mouse over state for sub menu items? how to?

K2, Xara's approach doesn't afford that luxury.
    Without recoding or using CSS, it would be difficult to make this happen.

If your sub-menus are only only level down, you could make the collections of submenu items into other NavBars and add to to each page; that way, the mouseover state is visible for 'Fooball' but still not 'Sports'.
    I find the Xara sub-menu approach limiting as it is hard to match font or style to the web page deisgn.

The only other Xara approach is to recreate the NavBar as a collection of buttons on Layers to achieve the effect you are after.

I use CSS for most of my NavBars and JS to create breadcrumbs.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

In the Nav Bar Menu click Pop-up Menu Style.

You can assign fonts, and colors for the fly-out/drop-down menus.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pop up Menu Style.png 
Views:	168 
Size:	49.4 KB 
ID:	123223  

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    In the Nav Bar Menu click Pop-up Menu Style.
    You can assign fonts, and colors for the fly-out/drop-down menus.
    Gary, the OP wants to have the Football page open and the NavBar show Sports as the active current main menu tab.
    Xara's NavBars cannot handle this.

The cheat way is to place an identical MouseOver image of the button over the NavBar button.
    You then need a click-behind piece of code to still access the NavBar. But that is way too complex.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

You can also just add an image to the MouseOver layer for that page. This is yet another feature that has been orphaned and not improved. I'll move this thread to Dear Xara.

You can also just add an image to the MouseOver layer for that page. This is yet another feature that has been orphaned and not improved. I'll move this thread to Dear Xara.
    Thanks Gary,
    Acorn

The sub-menus are on separate layers with separate Mouse-Over layers. In the sub menu sections, replace the mouse off image with the mouse over image (un-linked) for that sub-menu.

I used Web Animation > Show Pop-up Layer to link the main buttons to the sub menus.

What do you think Acorn? This do the job?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by gwpriester; 29 January 2019 at 11:04 PM.

Nice one, Gary, that must have taken a lot of figuring-out time!

What do you think Acorn? This do the job?
    Excellent Gary, the code is cleaner and you have total control over how to and what to present.

Acorn

Thanks.

KileyKiley does this make sense to you? If not I can try to explain in simpler steps (if I can remember what I did)