Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Link to Magix Album Video - Embed in my site

Xara DPX 16.0.0.55162

I have a Magix Online Album that contains audio, photos and videos. I want to embed in a website a video from the Online Album. Magix has 2 ways to share, Flash or Direct Link. Flash works but not on cell phones. The Direct Link works if I paste the link into Edge. However, I would like to embed the Direct Link into my website, have it open the video in the widget, allow changing to full size similar to the YouTube widget, and come back to my site.

I have tried 2 methods.

1. I added the 'Embed a website' widget available in the Online Content Catalogue, under Components, Print & Web Components, Other Components, gave it the link, generated the code and it put the widget on my page with an error message "This content cannot be displayed in a frame." And it goes on to say that "To help protect the security of information.... the publisher of this content does not allow it to be displayed in a frame." I presume that this Magix protection but I would like to know if there is a way around this. When I run this in Edge, I have to click on the part "Open this in a new window." Is there some way to get this to work in the widget or another type?
    2. I inserted a photo and gave it the Link to web property with the same link. This opens the video by navigating to it. I would still like to have this run in a frame that can be expanded and when reduced, I'm back on my page. Right now, I have it open in a new page. If on the same page, I would have to use the back arrow to get back to my website. Is there any way to do this, like using some other widget?

Additional problems and considerations:
    1. For some reason, the video will not run on iPhones or a Mac, but going to the album and running the video works;
    2. Running in Internet Explorer, it wants to download the file first and a download screen pops up;
    3. I don't want to have the mp4's in my xara.hosting as they would quickly use up the allowed space;
    4. I don't want to use YT.

Here is the link to the video that Magix says is the HTML code to embed in a website:
    http://www.magix-photos.com/permacod...AE5A490A641E0B

Link to my test project:
    http://jcbrown.xara.hosting/test_album/

My Xara file is attached.
    Test link to Album Video.xar

Thanks,
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

Default Re: Link to Magix Album Video - Embed in my site

Hi John, I think you'll need to contact Magix support re this one. I'd suggest it's the way they have their server set up which is creating this message "the publisher of this content does not allow it to be displayed in a frame." Magix hosting appears very limiting to me.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I've just done exactly what you're looking for, but not hosted at Magix and I embedded the video directly on the page, not view another page through an iFrame. To do it my way you will need the video extension (.mp4, .avi etc)

Create a shape where you want the video to be (this will be your place holder)
    Right click and choose 'Web Properties' > 'Placeholder' tab
    Click 'HTML code (body) and paste the following code replacing the red with your video path
    Adjust the size to whatever takes your fancy
    Alter the .mp4 to whatever your video extension is

<video controls="controls"
    poster="https://The picture you want to see as a thumbnail.jpg" width="600" height="290">
    <source src="https://The path to your video.mp4" type="video/mp4" />

I've attached your original .xar with a video I have just used so you can see how it behaves. I'd turn your speakers off if you don't appreciate electronic music.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi Chris,

That was it, exactly what I was trying to do! Thank you.

Hi Egg, thanks for taking a look. The trick was to put the information in the Placeholder body. I replaced the text with that from Chris and the mp4 info with the link to the mp4 file in the album, and it worked (also replaced the jpg to be mine).
    Last edited by browj2; 27 January 2019 at 12:38 AM.
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)