Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Installed Font in Microsoft Windows NotePad not opening in Xara 3D Maker 7

I bought Xara 3D Maker 7, installed fonts, no problem... installed another .ttf/.otf, yet the latest font installed merely in my Microsoft Windows NotePad, but does not appear in my Xara 3D Maker 7. Please reply to this post as soon as possible with instructions. I was wondering if there is a limit to the number of fonts one can install in Xara 3D Maker 7. I look forward to immediate assistance.

Default Re: Installed Font in Microsoft Windows NotePad not opening in Xara 3D Maker 7

Hi,

I don't understand. Fonts are to be installed in Windows\Fonts; nothing to do with NotePad. Xara 3D Maker 7 uses the fonts that are installed in Windows\Fonts; you cannot install fonts in 3D Maker. So where did you actually install your fonts?

What is the font that you installed and want to use?
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

Default Re: Installed Font in Microsoft Windows NotePad not opening in Xara 3D Maker 7

Have you bothered to close and re-open X3D7? Have you restarted your machine?
    Any Font limit will be down to the operating system and space.

In a Forum, you don't ask for "immediate" anything.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by browj2 View Post
    Hi,

I don't understand. Fonts are to be installed in Windows\Fonts; nothing to do with NotePad. Xara 3D Maker 7 uses the fonts that are installed in Windows\Fonts; you cannot install fonts in 3D Maker. So where did you actually install your fonts?

What is the font that you installed and want to use?
    I did not breach forum rules with an enthusiastic comment about looking forward to an immediate reply. I installed the font in my c:\ windows fonts, restarted my hp laptop. The font appears in the installed fonts when I open Microsoft Windows NotePad: the font is a .ttf/.otf file: Kunstlerschreibschrift Medium D.

Perhaps a Xara 3D Maker 7 update is necessary, if not a limited number of fonts recognized by Xara 3D Maker 7. I wrote to Xara Support, up to a 2-day response period. I look forward to any and all assistance from this forum. As for the rude and rude replies, you would remember online forums are monitored.

Quote Originally Posted by JevanSmith2018 View Post
    I did not breach forum rules with an enthusiastic comment about looking forward to an immediate reply. I installed the font in my c:\ windows fonts, restarted my hp laptop. The font appears in the installed fonts when I open Microsoft Windows NotePad: the font is a .ttf/.otf file: Kunstlerschreibschrift Medium D.

Perhaps a Xara 3D Maker 7 update is necessary, if not a limited number of fonts recognized by Xara 3D Maker 7. I wrote to Xara Support, up to a 2-day response period. I look forward to any and all assistance from this forum. As for the rude and rude replies, you would remember online forums are monitored.
    You have commented back to browj2 about what I mentioned in my Post. I am still being polite but you were actually demanding in your Post: "Please reply to this post as soon as possible with instructions."

What I will clarify is the use of "bothered" in my first Post; I can see that there might be a difference in usage in UK English vs. US English. My "bothered" was a shorthand for "Did you go to the bother of ensuring the application that might have been open at the time of the font's installation was then closed as it might not know about the new font?"

All said and done, I hope the fault is not long in getting resolved.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    You have commented back to browj2 about what I mentioned in my Post. I am still being polite but you were actually demanding in your Post: "Please reply to this post as soon as possible with instructions."

What I will clarify is the use of "bothered" in my first Post; I can see that there might be a difference in usage in UK English vs. US English. My "bothered" was a shorthand for "Did you go to the bother of ensuring the application that might have been open at the time of the font's installation was then closed as it might not know about the new font?"

All said and done, I hope the fault is not long in getting resolved.

Acorn
    "Please reply..." is NOT demanding by any stretch of the imagination. Your inappropriate and inaccurate comments aside - remember monitors of forums... I will open the "application", Xara 3D Maker 7, and re-install the font. Thank you... and... GOOD DAY.

@JevanSmith2018

I wasn't able to obtain that particular font, but I did get KunstlerschreibschDOT-Med.OTF and KunstlerschreibschDOT-Bol.OTF. Neither showed up on the list in 3D Maker 7. I also have KUNSTLER.TTF and it showed up. After reviewing several, I noticed that it seems that only TTF fonts show up, not OTF. This is probably the problem.
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

Quote Originally Posted by JevanSmith2018 View Post
    I bought Xara 3D Maker 7, installed fonts, no problem... installed another .ttf/.otf, yet the latest font installed merely in my Microsoft Windows NotePad, but does not appear in my Xara 3D Maker 7. Please reply to this post as soon as possible with instructions. I was wondering if there is a limit to the number of fonts one can install in Xara 3D Maker 7. I look forward to immediate assistance.
    If I were in charge, this offence (for offensive it is) would qualify for instant banishment.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

how many years is it now since xara 3D was last updated... 2011 ? - you are probably right John.. it may well not do [all] open type fonts

Quote Originally Posted by JevanSmith2018
    remember monitors of forums.
    obviously you are not aware of who it is you are talking to, not your fault you are new, but amusimg nevertheless
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

obviously you are not aware of who it is you are talking to, not your fault you are new, but amusimg nevertheless
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host