Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default widget (placeholder) runs trough navbar

Hi,

I made a site with a navbar "stick at top". On some pages I use a widget "landscape cloud tint zoom gallery" . When i scroll down, the widget runs trough my navbar stick at top. The navbar is at the top of the layer.
    How can I work around this problem?

kind regards,
    Gert

Default Re: widget (placeholder) runs trough navbar

Quote Originally Posted by Gert Bolle View Post
    Hi,
    I made a site with a navbar "stick at top". On some pages I use a widget "landscape cloud tint zoom gallery" . When i scroll down, the widget runs trough my navbar stick at top. The navbar is at the top of the layer.
    How can I work around this problem?
    kind regards,
    Gert
    Gert, are you after a specific effect of moving the NavBar a short distance as it is placed below the top of the page?

If no, then put the NavBat on the top of the page and change Sticky at Top to just Sticky.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Info Re: widget (placeholder) runs trough navbar

Gert, if you still require Sticky at Top, you can add some CSS into the Website HTML code (head):
    Code:
    <style>  .xr_stt  {
      z-index: 9999;
      }
    </style>
    This puts the NavBar always on top.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Gert, if you still require Sticky at Top, you can add some CSS into the Website HTML code (head):
    Code:
    <style>  .xr_stt  {
      z-index: 9999;
      }
    </style>
    This puts the NavBar always on top.

Acorn
    Hi,

thanks a lot, almost there... My navbar is not over the whole page width. So I have put a rectangle in the same colour behind it. And this is also sticky at top.
    What can I do that also this rectangle stays in front of the widget and behind the navbar.

Thanks a lot!

Gert

This is something I have experienced before and something that should be addressed by the developers. I'm going to move this thread to the Dear Xara Forum when I hope it might catch the attention of one of the developers.

Gert, it is complicated by the fact that each slider re-applies the slider on top of the rectangle.

I have it in my sights but no immediate answer, without a lot of JS recoding.

Acorn

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Gert, it is complicated by the fact that each slider re-applies the slider on top of the rectangle.

I have it in my sights but no immediate answer, without a lot of JS recoding.

Acorn
    A simple solutions could be the possibility to stretch navbar to pagewidth or stretch full width

thx for the fast replies!

wil find a creative solution ;-)

Gert

A simple solutions could be the possibility to stretch navbar to pagewidth or stretch full width

thx for the fast replies!

wil find a creative solution ;-)

Gert
    Gert, you cannot stretch a NavBar.

Acorn

no, but if a rectangle in the same colour was attached to it, you should be able to do that. No?

no, but if a rectangle in the same colour was attached to it, you should be able to do that. No?
    Yes, but unfortunately (Xara bug), the slider passes above the rectangle, not under it, when Stick at Top is selected..

Acorn