Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: FTP Problem

Default FTP Problem

The last few times I have uploaded a site I find that I am unable to view the site or upload any other changes for about 30 minutes. I brought this issue up to my web host last night and they checked out my IP address and found that Xara is creating too many ftp requests triggering my IP address to be blocked until all of the ftp requests have gone away.

I checked XARA and find that there are no settings that I can find that will limit the number of ftp requests.

Any ideas how I might correct this issue?

Thanks, as always for your assistance.

Curly In KC

Default Re: FTP Problem

This does not sound right to me. Sometimes when I am working on a site I make numerous changes in just a few minutes. I have never encountered anything like this.

I would advise finding another web host.

I have been using NameCheap.com for my web hosting and domain name registration. They offer a full line of services and products for a very reasonable rate. The company used to be located in Los Angeles now they are headquartered in Phoenix. Their support is very good via submitted support requests or on-line chat and I think this is provided out of Ukraine.

Their servers are very fast and reliable.

The prices shown here are per month.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Name Cheap.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	58.5 KB 
ID:	123182  

This definitely a server thing not Xara. I did the same a while ago when I just couldn't get an online form to look right and I was uploading repeatedly. I didn't keep track of how often, but either waiting or using a VPN fixes the problem.