Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Top Notch Idea

Default Top Notch Idea

Is nobody going to mention that TG was down for 12 hours or so? I had a brilliant idea that would revolutionalise the way we build websites. I was in the middle of posting when 404.
    I've forgotten what the idea was, but it was revolutionary.

Default Re: Top Notch Idea

Hmm. Yes, this is why writing down your brilliant idea of breakthrough dream is important. I walk to the kitchen to get something and by the time I reach the kitchen I forget why I came and have to go back to my office before I remember what it was I needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    Is nobody going to mention that TG was down for 12 hours or so? I had a brilliant idea that would revolutionalise the way we build websites. I was in the middle of posting when 404.
    I've forgotten what the idea was, but it was revolutionary.
    Sad face. Top tip - use marginalia. Fermat did it most effectively and almost 400 years on, someone else worked out what his idea was. A perfect TG Challenge.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

At least you remember that your idea was revolutionary!

wouldn't it be effective to type your idea in notepad or some such before you forget,that is if you are on your computer at the time, marginalia is a good idea. Keep a paper and pencil with you just in case, cause you never know.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Sad face. Top tip - use marginalia. Fermat did it most effectively and almost 400 years on, someone else worked out what his idea was. A perfect TG Challenge.

Acorn
    A TG Challenge. I like it. That way I can simply pick the most revolutionary answer and claim it was mine all along! Another revolutionary idea...I'm on fire this weekend.

I Googled Fermat, he was a number and symbols guy. Those guy's never get invited to parties. Tesla fed pigeons, Edison partied his face off. My personal heroes are Mr. Copyandpaste and Ms. Spellchecker.

A TG Challenge. I like it. That way I can simply pick the most revolutionary answer and claim it was mine all along! Another revolutionary idea...I'm on fire this weekend.
    I Googled Fermat, he was a number and symbols guy. Those guy's never get invited to parties. Tesla fed pigeons, Edison partied his face off. My personal heroes are Mr. Copyandpaste and Ms. Spellchecker.
    Numbers and pictures man was Feynman who bongoed his way into parties remember.

And don't forget the Monty Python Philosophers Song, sung by the Bruces.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I made a light hearted, flippant post about downtime and left educated about Faynman, Monty Python and the startling fact that 'Bongoed' can be part of a sentence in the rich tapestry of the English language.

What a wonderful place TG is. It's not all pixels and <div>. I'll bet someone here knows the answer to the Universe and everything.

What a wonderful place TG is. It's not all pixels and <div>. I'll bet someone here knows the answer to the Universe and everything.
    Sure, but that will cost you a bit....

I believe it's 42, although the theorem to prove it is a little complicated. Makes Fermat's Theorem look simple by comparison. I spit on your 358 years ...
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.