Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Nivo Slider Problems

Does this help Bob?

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Dear Mr. Egg Bramhill,

I was shocked that you would go to this much trouble to assist me. Actually, I was just slow getting back to the earlier instructions you provided. These last instructions just adds icing to the cake. Mr. Bramhill, you are so good to all of us who come here for advice, even those of us who are a little slower. I will work on getting this on our website today. Thank you so much Mr. Bramhill.

bob

Good Saturday Afternoon Mr. E. Bramhill,

I want to again thank you for your leadership and wonderful assistance. I was finally able, following your directions, to get the gentleman plus text onto the slider. What I finally had to do was delete everything and start over again inserting photos into the slider. I did learn that all photos had to be installed from 1 thru 5. I thought all I had to do was select a particular photo and that photo would be replaced. Not so, they would be replaced in order. That was also a learning process. So far the website is working OK and I thank you and all here who took the time to reach out to me with helpful advice.

bob

My pleasure Bob
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I think he means (file) Explorer (Ctrl/E) not Internet Explorer.

I need some help with Nivo Slider (please). I have the slider up and working fine on my index page. Now I want to change the photos, something I want to do regularly to keep the interest up. I am sure all I should do is to double click the (first) picture and the edit widget should start - but this doesn't work for some reason. I try right click to edit but it is not on the menu.
    There is a small box that says Widget Edit but if I click that it goes into edit text mode. I have 11 photos on the slider at present.
    I note that there is no Nivo tab at the top and I am wondering if I designed Nivo on a new blank site and imported it into my site and if so would this stop me from being able to edit it?
    So how do I edit/delete/add new ones or do I delete the slider and start all over again?

Xara Web Design 15 32 bit.
    Last edited by stephenmisson; 04 March 2019 at 07:28 PM.

Hey there!

I notice that when putting images in the Nivo widget, (and others like it) the images end up with a much lower resolution.

Am I doing something wrong? Also, is there a way to make the picture fit into the window if it doesn't' have the correct aspect ratio for the widget?

Quote Originally Posted by Braden View Post
    Hey there!
    I notice that when putting images in the Nivo widget, (and others like it) the images end up with a much lower resolution.
    Am I doing something wrong? Also, is there a way to make the picture fit into the window if it doesn't' have the correct aspect ratio for the widget?
    Braden, you have two problems.

The first is fixable but a bit techie.

Double click on the Nivo front image to open the control pages.
    Select any of the current images.
    Open the Names popup (utilities > Names).
    Select any of the images. You should see a Name WTag:scaled(600):image.
    Rename this Name the once to WTag:scaled(2400):image. This will keep the image the same width but will set the intrinsic width to 2400px.

The height is fixed as a scale of the width (600:400 or 2400:1600).

Your second problem cannot be fixed other than cropping to the above ratio.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Great!

Now, it is possible to remove the block text boxes commonly found on the slider widgets?

I like Nivo because it doesn't have that, but its aspect ratio is unchangeable, as far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Braden View Post
    Great!
    Now, it is possible to remove the block text boxes commonly found on the slider widgets?
    I like Nivo because it doesn't have that, but its aspect ratio is unchangeable, as far as I know.
    Braden, I probably shouldn't say that I despair but if you actually read my Post you would get the answer to your fixed aspect ratio problem: it is fixed aspect.

That said, you can change the size of the page the photo is on, unlock and relocate the Caption Bar & Text and then change the photos to a different aspect ratio to the height of the page.
    I found this works but is far too messy for production use.

Read through these Posts for your third (and possibly further problems): https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...-Slider-Widget & https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...ng-radio-icons. The other unspecified sliders probably generated a new image by grouping the text with the photo. Each has its own approach and unless you are able to deconstruct them, you will find it hard to alter. I have published many alternatives in TG that overcome all these but they are demonstrations as I am not in the business of trying to customise them to every request. There are many, many commercial and free sliders out there, you just have to look.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat