Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Nivo Slider Problems

Good Monday Morning Acorn,
    I've been putting words like "Slider" or "Photo Gallery" as a search term thinking that would produce what I was looking for. I may never have discovered what I was looking for had it not been for you. Thank you very much.

bob

Quote Originally Posted by musicmanrobert View Post
    Good Monday Morning Acorn,
    I've been putting words like "Slider" or "Photo Gallery" as a search term thinking that would produce what I was looking for. I may never have discovered what I was looking for had it not been for you. Thank you very much.

bob
    Bob, "slider" should have worked for you.

What I consider a serious fail by Xara in its Online Content Catalogue is that in viewing search results, you have no idea where in the tree structure any found item might exist. This makes it far harder to look in the collection at a particular level as you don't know the level the item is on. One can click slowly down the tree to hit on the right folder (level) or even right-click the Properties and interpret the Address (URL):
    [[http://downloadsv16.xara.com/web/cat...048X&filepath=components/imagecomponents/slideshows/xarainfo/widget_nivoslider.png]]

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Yes sir Acorn,

You're very right. One would thank that putting in a certain catagory in the search window would produce what's being looked for. Sometimes, great minds don't think about the small things that could make stuff easier. Thank you again for taking of your time to put me on the correct path Acorn.

bob

I have developed my first website and so far I am working to improve in. Any suggestions here will be welcomed. Here is my present problem, please visit the website at: www.newpathwaysconsultants.com
    There on the first page you will note a slider featuring and oriental gentleman holding a rather large sign. I tried putting some wording on this sign. I can see the words when I'm through, but once I preview the webpage I no longer see the words. I've tried everything I know to get the words to show up when the website is published, but that has not happened. I need help with this if it's possible to do at all. Thanks so much.

bob

How about just bringing the photo into Xara, create text above the sign & export as a photo & place that in your slider Bob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	export.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	15.2 KB 
ID:	123200  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Mr. E. Bramhill,
    I'm sure it's a simple matter to you, but as you can see, I never gave the process you mention here a thought. I kept trying to put text on the sign while the gentleman was still in the slider. What you say here and your advice gives me great joy sir. Thank you so much. This is another wonderful learning experience. Thank you again sir.

bob

Glad to of been of assistance Bob
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Dear Mr. Bramhill,
    Thank you for your patience sir and again I appreciate your help. The process you describe above seemed simple enough but I am still having trouble with that particular photo and putting text on it. I opened a new page in Xara and imported that photo. I put text on it then exported it to my computer G drive that included the photo and the text in that blank poster he was holding. I then went back to my G drive to "Imported" the photo as you suggest, but, low and behold there was just the plan photo without text. I've got to be doing something wrong sir. What you described seemed so simple. Thank you so much for your patience and I'll keep working on it sir.

bob

Bob, in a nutshell:

Place a filled-in text area over your image.
    Select both and use Ctrl+Shift+C (Arrange > Create Bitmap Copy).
    Click the Create button.
    Replace original image with text-added one.

You can use Text Inside but a bitmap copy is still required.

Acorn
    Last edited by Acorn; 24 January 2019 at 03:32 PM.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Good Thursday Afternoon Sir,

I was just preparing to send you another note letting you know after much head scratching and pacing back and fourth, I was still stumped regarding how to place text on the photo and getting it up on the website. I just could not, even with your earlier instructions, figure out how to achieve what you did. Believe me sir, I tried hard to do it before getting back to you on this. Let me try your latest instructions. Again, I can't thank you enough.

bob