Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Nivo Slider Problems

Hello all,

Presently, I am using "Nivo Slider" and have run into some problem. I attempted to change the photos in the slider. According to instructions:

1 To replace the photo, drag a photo file from Windows Explorer and drop it onto one of the large images below. Actually, while in Xara, I've gone to "Insert" and place photos onto each empty space on the slider. There are spaces for 4 photos. It appears I can only get 3 images onto the slider panels even though there are spaces for 4 images. I just can't seem to get the 4th image/photo placed. Any suggestions?
    Finally, are there other sliders that will work with Xara Web Designer Premium 15 that are not too complicated. Thank you all.

bob

Default Re: Nivo Slider Problems

There might have been a glitch of some sorts, so perhaps this helps: delete the slider and start anew (I always drag & drop the images from Explorer).

Good Saturday Morning Boy,

I sure do appreciate your sincere and quick response. Tell me please, when you say you drag and drop images from Explorer, how do you do that? All of my images and photos are on my computer drives G or F. How and why do you places images on Explorer and not your computer hard drives?

Also, has anyone used "Movavi's Slideshow Creator" or other such Slideshow creators? I would want to use it for my wife's Real Estate Education website and other business oriented websites. Can they be easily used with Xara in particular. I also wonder if it can produce slideshows the full width of the browser. Is it easy to use and does not require any code work? I am looking now to see what the cost is and whether it's worth the purchase and how it can be used for our Real Estate website.

Thank you again all.

bob
    Last edited by musicmanrobert; 19 January 2019 at 02:40 PM. Reason: changes needed

Quote Originally Posted by musicmanrobert View Post
    Hello all,

Presently, I am using "Nivo Slider" and have run into some problem. I attempted to change the photos in the slider. According to instructions:

1 To replace the photo, drag a photo file from Windows Explorer and drop it onto one of the large images below. Actually, while in Xara, I've gone to "Insert" and place photos onto each empty space on the slider. There are spaces for 4 photos. It appears I can only get 3 images onto the slider panels even though there are spaces for 4 images. I just can't seem to get the 4th image/photo placed. Any suggestions?
    Finally, are there other sliders that will work with Xara Web Designer Premium 15 that are not too complicated. Thank you all.

bob
    Bob, Nivo is the one when you import shows a set of wind turbines. To confirm, check here: https://www.xara.com/uk/web-designer...er/||undefined.

Select it and a pop-up Widget > Edit should appear.
    If not, double-click the image.
    If not, right-click on the image and pick Open Widget.
    This gets you into a sub-page, where after edits, you must select Ctrl+S to save your changes.

By all means follow the Instructions but the simplest approach is to right-click on the image on one of the four picture pages.
    Use the Replace photo > With file option. This opens an Import file dialog window, from where you can navigate to a pick a fresh image.

If you Duplicate any image page you can extend the Nivo presentation to 20+ slides.

I think you have confused "Explorer" with Internet Explorer. Windows Explorer is the desktop file management system that allows you to have an F:\ or a G:\ drive on your PC.
    You would never store an image into Internet Explorer unless you had access to a cloud storage web page.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Good Saturday Morning Boy,

I sure do appreciate your sincere and quick response. Tell me please, when you say you drag and drop images from Explorer, how do you do that? All of my images and photos are on my computer drives G or F. How and why do you places images on Explorer and not your computer hard drives?

Also, has anyone used "Movavi's Slideshow Creator" or other such Slideshow creators? I would want to use it for my wife's Real Estate Education website and other business oriented websites. Can they be easily used with Xara in particular. I also wonder if it can produce slideshows the full width of the browser. Is it easy to use and does not require any code work? I am looking now to see what the cost is and whether it's worth the purchase and how it can be used for our Real Estate website.

Thank you again all.

bob
    Bob, no I haven't used it. It says download for free but then there is a buy button with a price tag of £30.
    It will require code work and probably the ability to FTP to a storage location.

With the exception of the Xara Slideshow Widget, all Xara's slider keep you images as part of your design file.
    None of them are complicated to use; they have limitations.
    To overcome them, I use a Xara presentation site with very small code added for automatic transitions and replay and render this into an Embed a Widget placeholder on the main site.
    The logic of all of this is to achieve total Xara flexibility of animations, rendering, text and any other available Xara features (I.e., not just images).
    What I have never checked is stretching such a placeholder to cover the screen width.

Stick with Nivo for the present.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Good Saturday Morning Acorn,

Thank you so very much for my confusion regarding Explorer. I've often wondered about that but did not want to appear too ignorant. Thank you so very much sir. I also want to thank you for the other information you provided me. I had no idea Nivo Slider could be extended to support 20 images. That is indeed great news. However, I understand it's limited in other areas. As noted, I do want to start using a more sophisticated slider that can be used if/when I decide to do other websites. I very much appreciate the time you spent providing me this very important info. Everyone here is just plain wonderful.

bob

Good Saturday Morning Acorn,

Thank you so very much for my confusion regarding Explorer. I've often wondered about that but did not want to appear too ignorant. Thank you so very much sir. I also want to thank you for the other information you provided me. I had no idea Nivo Slider could be extended to support 20 images. That is indeed great news. However, I understand it's limited in other areas. As noted, I do want to start using a more sophisticated slider that can be used if/when I decide to do other websites. I very much appreciate the time you spent providing me this very important info. Everyone here is just plain wonderful.

bob
    Bob, dig back into TG as I modded the Nivo Slider to "improve" it - https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...S-placeholders & https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...-Slider-Widget. I am sure there are cleaner methods around.

Acorn

Dear Acorn,
    What can I say but, I went to the link you provided above and WOW! I had no idea all this was available to me using Xara Web Designer Premium 15. Based on your suggestion, I will stick with Nivo Slider for now because it would seem to do all I need right now. There is so very much to learn. Thank you and thank you again.

bob

Hello Acorn,
    Thank you for all the help you've been to me. I note that when I open my "Content Catalog" from my copy of Xara Web Designer Premium 15, I can't find the "Photo Slideshows & Galleries" shown on the above link you provide. Maybe I missed it, but don't think so. Could I be missing an Update. My update service is good til 26/05/2019. If I'm missing an update how do I go about updating my copy of Xara? Thanks so much.

bob

Hello Acorn,
    Thank you for all the help you've been to me. I note that when I open my "Content Catalog" from my copy of Xara Web Designer Premium 15, I can't find the "Photo Slideshows & Galleries" shown on the above link you provide. Maybe I missed it, but don't think so. Could I be missing an Update. My update service is good til 26/05/2019. If I'm missing an update how do I go about updating my copy of Xara? Thanks so much.
    bob
    Bob, try the Local designs gallery navigation, Components > Image Resources > Photo Slideshows & Galleries.

Using the on-line approach, Insert > From Content Catalogue, Search Nivo from All.

Acorn