Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Xara web space and slider widget

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    I tried both Germany and UK and got a nice reply about passed on internally from Germany.

Acorn
    Thanks for the links but there is something missing in your reply: "nice reply about [?] passed on internally from Germany".

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    Thanks for the links but there is something missing in your reply: "nice reply about [?] passed on internally from Germany".
    I should have quoted "passed on internally" and about could have been better replaced by 'around'.
    In translation, a holding reply, but nicely written.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Anyhow, you managed to establish contact with yet other staff members at Xara/Magix. Perhaps your suggestions for fixes and improvements will be better listened to.

I left Serif's Webplus X* because they have withdrawn the product and parts of my web site no longer worked. I do hope Xara doesn't go in that direction.

Xara doesn't have any plans to drop the desktop versions or services currently.

Rob, you're saying 'Xara doesn't have any plans to drop the desktop versions or services currently' and not 'Currently Xara doesn't have any plans to drop the desktop versions or services'.

To me that confirms the general impression here at TG that Xara has decided to drop the desktop apps, albeit not in the immediate future.

I'm not sure how swapping my words around changes anything. If you would like an elaboration on what I said or to rephrase it clearer - Xara doesn't have any plans to drop the desktop versions or services currently, in the near or distant future. There are no plans, none at all.

I want to put a stop to any rumours or suggestions that Xara is stopping development of our desktop product. Our current focus is on the cloud but that uses the desktop engine to run it, meaning if we want to improve the cloud, we also need to develop and work on our desktop versions as we always have done, and there are no plans to move away from that either.

Rob, thank you for your explanation and it's good to hear that the desktop products are still important to Xara's business model.

Please understand that any doubts about that are not borne out of ill-will but, rather, are the result of the company's poor performance in the actual delivery of its expensive update service and the lack of clear, consistent communication about the company's direction. I and other TG members who raise this issue are not troublemakers but rather committed users who like their software and want it to be developed further. We also want to be taken seriously and know where we stand, as well as get our money's worth.

Wouldn't you, just as a customer, expect the same if you were a (dedicated, long-time) user of Xara products? Try to see it from the customer's perspective. It really makes sense.