http://www.be-schmaal.nl

Better???

Default Re: please give honest feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Spitsoor View Post
    Okay. I believe I fixed it all.
    Famous last words!

Better???
    Definitely better.

The site still has problems at mobile/tablet sizes in particular - problems with the menu/footer being too big and images not properly sized to fit and even empty sections. See the attached screenshots.

I can see that the panels look better, but there are new problems with the desktop home page. Moving the text to a second section over the guitar background solves the readability problem (still hate the flying Moi) but the first section images are just too big so on my laptop they never look good (cut off badly with parts below the fold or at the edges). Aim for an image size that looks good on a screen 1200 pixels wide and 900 pixels high, then you shouldn't go too far wrong.

I don't think the images I see when opening the site are really showing the artiste in the best way.

I hope others will have some opinion.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cap1.jpg 
Views:	319 
Size:	59.2 KB 
ID:	123154Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cap2.jpg 
Views:	335 
Size:	64.3 KB 
ID:	123155Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screencapture-be-schmaal-nl-index-htm-2019-01-16-13_40_27.jpg 
Views:	290 
Size:	244.1 KB 
ID:	123156Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screencapture-be-schmaal-nl-index-htm-2019-01-16-13_39_16.jpg 
Views:	279 
Size:	220.1 KB 
ID:	123157

Try to reload if you will
    This is not how you should see it at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Spitsoor View Post
    Try to reload if you will
    This is not how you should see it at this time.
    Little change.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Safari.jpg 
Views:	300 
Size:	57.6 KB 
ID:	123160Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Safari2.jpg 
Views:	274 
Size:	57.3 KB 
ID:	123161Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Safari3.jpg 
Views:	286 
Size:	59.9 KB 
ID:	123162Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Safari4.jpg 
Views:	305 
Size:	69.7 KB 
ID:	123163Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Safari5.jpg 
Views:	318 
Size:	77.0 KB 
ID:	123164

It's looking fine for me.

If anyone says the pop-up menu on the mobile isn't working it's because the settings on the pop-up layer is set to 'Close Pop-up Automatically'. I stumbled on this a while ago and it only seems to affect some devices. Not sure if it's a browser thing or a screen thing. Yes, you have the cross to close the pop-up, but tapping to navigate closes the pop-up anyway. The only time anyone would need to manually close the pop-up is if they decide to remain on the current page. Not a big deal, but if someone mentions it, you have an answer.

Sorry Paul, I don't mind the Moi. Another subjective point...on the Foto's section the thumbnails cover the artist's face. I immediately thought 'The Face of Music'. I am now going to steal that idea, credit Spitsoor and become internationally famous overnight.
    Last edited by Chris M; 16 January 2019 at 11:32 PM.

I imported your background guitars image and it is PNG and 3MB which is why there is a delay before the image reveals.

I exported the image from Xara as a JPEG 100%, probably 90 or 95 would be just as good, and the file size at 100% is 1.63 MB. At 85% this drops to 1/2MB and the quality is about the same. You might replace the PNG with a JPEG version. The whole page will load faster as well.

Hi Spitsoor. Nice site, however none of the background images loaded for me and I have a super quick computer and fast broadband service. I just got grey blocks where the photos should be... so I didnt get to see the bloke with the fag in his mouth. All the pages loaded very very slowly. Because you have many sound-grabs and videos on the website, this will also slow the loading of it. Perhaps consider making a plain black or plain white background on all pages so all site visitors can enjoy the experience of actually seeing the website and not waiting for the site to load. Your home page took over three minutes to load on my computer, mainly because my Kaspersky virus control tried to block it. Other than that, great site and well done.
    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says, 'Oh s$%#t....she's awake!'

Your home page took over three minutes to load on my computer
    I see you're in WA, Brisbane here, standard NBN at 24Mbbs down and the home page took 4 seconds to load for me. I'd say there's definitely something at your end making it load so slowly.