Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: please give honest feedback

Quote Originally Posted by haakoo View Post
    How very convenient that it is <html lang="en" >
    But you're from the British isles and you couldn't see it isn't English?
    It's just a blah blah response because you were jumping conclusions.
    My comment about the language setting wasn't with regard to the Dutch language issues, just a mention of why Chrome wasn't offering any translation.

Are you having a bad day or something? I've made what were intended to be constructive comments in good faith.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    The photo with the cigarette and the head in the hands, dark mood are my two favourite photos.
    I grew up with two heavy smokers as parents, so seeing people smoking is never a good look for me. I know what heavy smokers sound like in the morning and how much they stink and discolour the house.

Since it's to do with the subject of the song I guess it fits but, it's not a great role model or cool look these days.

It's because that's the subject/title of the song.

In Dutch the plural of foto is written with an apostrophe.
    That's not constructive but plain commenting and a personal view about the subject and what you thought was a misspelling.

Hence "Maybe do some research Paul, before commenting"

Hence "Maybe do some research Paul, before commenting"
    Maybe do some research yourself before telling a fellow countryman his site looks good when it has a number of issues to address (besides the cigarette and apostrophe).

Wow, you're turning tables,

I didn't comment on the technical side of the site just that it looked nice in my browser but the background pics were slow loading.
    But that wasn't why I commented ,now was I?
    You had a personal view and commented from that view.

Pot,.....Kettle,.......Black

Bye

You had a personal view and commented from that view.
    The problem with the text not being easy to read on top of the picture backgrounds and clashing with text in the images is not some personal view, it's a fact.
    The flying MOI is my opinion, but I stand by it - from a UX point of view it's an annoying distraction.
    The apostrophe comment wasn't relevant in this case, my bad, but big deal.
    The text layout in boxes would benefit from some spacing inside their panels. Fact.
    The cigarette comment is still my opinion - it's generally out of touch, but fair enough if that's relevant to the song, so be it.
    The site is poor at mobile sizes. Fact.
    The language setting is wrong. Fact.

I have no regrets about my feedback on the site.

Guys! Guys! No need to rip eachother's head off!

I just wanted some feedback, and that's what I got. Thank you all. Valid points. I will remove the cd photos from the cover slideshow. Then the "Moi" (Goodday, hello and bye in Gronings) won't clash.
    Also, the slow loading of the background will be fixed, or so I hope. And I can give the text in the boxes some more space, no problem.
    The not being good on a cell....could you elaborate more on that please?

Oh, and the issues in the cloud remain....they're still trying to figure out what that is, In Designer itself and online these issues are nonexistent. Go figure.

And....as for the man smoking a cigarette.... that's only for the cover. He doesn't smoke,nor has he ever (in fact he is a physical therapist and athlete at 60), and in the song he also mentions he hates the smell. Zwait en zwoare sjek (sweat and strong tobacco) is a song about the hard working men like his dad who smelled like that after a days work. So...no glamourising the old smokes. It's all about context right?

I'll get to work on the issues now, and please.... play nice kids!

Quote Originally Posted by Spitsoor View Post
    I will remove the cd photos from the cover slideshow. Then the "Moi" (Goodday, hello and bye in Gronings) won't clash.
    The pictures can work, but ideally don't have any text on them. You will often find that text overlayed over pictures will either have some subtle embossing, subtle shadows, or a transparent screen behind to help it stand out from the background.

As for Moi. any chance of removing the animation altogether?

Also, the slow loading of the background will be fixed, or so I hope.
    Was fine for me.

And I can give the text in the boxes some more space, no problem.
    The not being good on a cell....could you elaborate more on that please?
    See the attached - just inset the text a bit and make boxes equal height so the bases align. The two-line headings have excessive line-spacing.

Instead of aligning the lower box centrally, align it to the left under the upper box, that will let the image behind be more prominent.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dutch-site.jpg 
Views:	248 
Size:	111.0 KB 
ID:	123153

And....as for the man smoking a cigarette.... that's only for the cover. He doesn't smoke,nor has he ever (in fact he is a physical therapist and athlete at 60), and in the song he also mentions he hates the smell. Zwait en zwoare sjek (sweat and strong tobacco) is a song about the hard working men like his dad who smelled like that after a days work. So...no glamourising the old smokes. It's all about context right?
    Absolutely - great to know and I understand it from personal experience.

The issue with mobile (cell) site is that the content is overly large for a mobile screen. Narrow the width and extend the length and see if you prefer the look. The menu is very 'in-your-face', but that may suit the style of the artist if the lyrics are hard hitting and confrontational.

Thank you both. Will get working on it!