Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default PasteBoard Issue

Xara Pro X64: Building a WEBsite and have created a background rectangle. When I do the Pasteboard there is a white space all around and I want the art piece to butt against one another. I can't figure out what I'm not doing that causes this. I take about 20 pieces of art, soft group and make a photo bitmap of the piece and insert. I have taken the Rectangle tool, drawn very close to the edges of the art and still get a white border. Any thoughts on this appreciated. Thank you.
    Wichitaito: "Everything is Everything"

Default Re: PasteBoard Issue

Is the repeating image in even pixels? i.e. does the size on the Infobar show even pixel amounts. If the size shows 350.7px x 200.4px this could be the cause.

Also the position on page needs to be in even pixel amounts.

Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupGilbert View Post
    Xara Pro X64: Building a WEBsite and have created a background rectangle. When I do the Pasteboard there is a white space all around and I want the art piece to butt against one another. I can't figure out what I'm not doing that causes this. I take about 20 pieces of art, soft group and make a photo bitmap of the piece and insert. I have taken the Rectangle tool, drawn very close to the edges of the art and still get a white border. Any thoughts on this appreciated. Thank you.
    Upload the bitmap to us for a look.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PDpasteboard.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	54.5 KB 
ID:	123142
    I've also exported as a JPEG.

Info Re: PasteBoard Issue

Try as I might, I cannot force the bitmap to show up any gaps at any scale on the design page or in Preview.

What I did was take your bitmap and cropped it to the first edge that was of a flower (non-white).

Once cropped on all four sides, I took a bitmap copy of that.

I cloned and flipped horizontally, took that pair and cloned and flipped vertically.
    I then butted these all together, reduced the overall scale and took a final bitmap of them, which became my Pasteboard background of Flowery.xar

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Gilbert - Do you mean you would like to reduce the amount of white around the repeating image?

If so, then go to someplace like Shutterstock.com and purchase a repeating tiling image.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	repeat.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	83.8 KB 
ID:	123144   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tiling image.png 
Views:	75 
Size:	238.0 KB 
ID:	123145  

This will work as a seamless repeating tile.

By the way, is this question for a website or for print?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	repeating tile.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	88.3 KB 
ID:	123146  

It's for a WEBsite. Thanks.

OK I am moving the thread over to Web Design Chat

Gilbert, you will always retain some white space, because the flowers are not covering the whole edge.
    There is a workaround, but you need to be able to add flowers after you flipped all the sides.
    You divide the image into four equal parts, then mirror every side on x and y axis.
    You are left with the white sides in the middle, and here you paste some more flowers (or you can clone it if it's a pattern)

Then you should end up with something like this

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	floral seamless.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	84.8 KB 
ID:	123147