Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Updates have just finished

Well my updates have come to an end.....so now what ..... is it worth paying for more ???
    The templates are so old and outdated I doubt anyone uses them .....so what are we getting for our
    payments.....I have been learning wordpress and the templates are alot more up to date and easy to use.
    Can anyone tell me the positives for paying for Xara .....when Wordpress is free.

Mike
    Life's too important to be serious
    Intel (R) Core (TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz 3.10 GHz / 8 GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
    / Dual Monitor. / Windows 7 Home premium 64bit .

Default Re: Updates have just finished

Mike, peruse https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...-Service-Cover.
    You might be inspired.

I prefer xaratemplates.com. I have them all and just used one in anger with a new client - far superior.
    XBuilder is relatively cheap to keep your Xara Desktop application productive.

WP is a steep learning curve. I use Pinegrow for it.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I have perused your link ...... and now my brain hurts ...lol..... such alot of info there .....I am looking at xaratemplates.
    Thanks for your reply very helpful.

Mike
    Intel (R) Core (TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz 3.10 GHz / 8 GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti

Xaratemplates might just same me from giving up on Xara ..... Xara web designer premium 16 is on offer as an upgrade ....... £34.99 ..... why is Xara pro 12 so much more .....what will I lose.

Quote Originally Posted by mikerawlinson View Post
    Xaratemplates might just same me from giving up on Xara ..... Xara web designer premium 16 is on offer as an upgrade ....... £34.99 ..... why is Xara pro 12 so much more .....what will I lose.
    Mike, you will lose only the things you are currently using with a red cross in the first column of https://www.xara.com/uk/designer-pro/compare/.

XaraTemplates are designed for XWDP so don't expect them to have any bells and whistles of components used in XDPX. Equally, Xara's own templates are designed for the lower capabilities of the two applications as well.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat