hi, I was wondering if someone could help me to fill a closed are with a color. Kind of like the Paint Bucket that I remember using with Photoshop or was it Microsoft's Paint. The purpose is to color things I drew on paper, that I've scanned and then made black and white. I've also heard it call "color flatting," but to me, I'm not sure what color flatting is yet, and it seems to come from the Photoshop world. I've tried clicking on a color and dragging it into the area.

The only way I get Xara to fill with color is if I redraw a new object on an above layer and then I can toggle fill color using the color bar. As I've searched and found this helpful youtube guide: https://youtu.be/U17gPcT9RnA

I also have gotten a few errors using Xara something about the area does not exist for the color to fill....I screen-shot one of the errors. I think it has something to do with how I'm using a white background layer and then a line layer. One one layer, I've also Added Shapes into one and I think much earlier, to simplify one layer where I drew a bunch of lines. And I converted the lines to all shapes at another point in time. Thank you.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xara_paint_flat_fill.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	47.2 KB 
ID:	123127

Name:	xara_paint_flat_fill2.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	42.8 KB 
ID:	123128

Name:	xara_paint_flat_fill3.jpg