Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default smart photo grid in the cloud

Hi guys!

I recently found out that (smart) photo grids are not editable in the cloud.
    Why would that be??

You can click it all you want, nothing is happening. So...no easy photo change.

Is there a workaround?

Also....the cloud "needs to refresh" a lot. Driving me totally crazy.

Default Re: smart photo grid in the cloud

I have just uploaded Smart Photo Grid 10 into Xara Cloud.

You do not have the same controls to move or add images. The heading clearly states "Photo selected inside a [sic] inactive Photo grid [sic]"
    You can click on an image and rotate, move or resize it.
    The same click action allows you to Replace an individual image.

Xara Cloud provides some 30+ "dumb" Photo Grids, with which to build up a similar effect.
    These Photo Grids are a collection of nested Groups of clipped photos that are not interactive.
    They are next to unworkable and are clearly Xara's current fudge.

The workaround it to use a Xara Desktop application.

I am not experiencing XC frequent refreshes but if I have the same file open in Desktop and XC then a save is not the quickest dog in town (around 60 seconds for me).

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

But no grid is working for me, and no grid is actually clickable for me.
    So when I want to share a site with my client, they won't be able to switch photos.
    This is such a waste of money.

I tried the cloud on desktop too..... works like shit there as well.

This is what I see (desktop cloud) I clicked the grid....absolutely nothing happens

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ss xara cloud.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	69.3 KB 
ID:	123135

You have confused me here.
    Xara Cloud is free so cannot be a waste of money, time yes.

There is no such thing as "desktop cloud".

If you wish, upload a simple photogrid to TalkGraphics and I will try it in my Xara Cloud account.

As an aside, Xara Cloud is no longer being touted as a web version of any of the Desktop applications so unless you are restricting what the client can edit to the MouseOff layer, it has limited shared editing for web documents.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

The client needs to pay 67 euros a year to be able to edit his website. the free cloud doesn't allow this anymore so they need the premium version.
    Free only allows for documents you created yourself. Ergo the waste of money.

ofcourse I know the cloud is not a desktop thing, but on my big screen I know for sure I'm not clicking something I'm not supposed to. On the tablet things are so small and slow.....you never know what may happen.

For the money they have to rake out, I can expect my clients to at least be able to switch a photo around. That to mee seems totally reasonable.

worst part is....when it was free....it all worked fine

Quote Originally Posted by Spitsoor View Post
    The client needs to pay 67 euros a year to be able to edit his website. the free cloud doesn't allow this anymore so they need the premium version.
    Free only allows for documents you created yourself. Ergo the waste of money.

ofcourse I know the cloud is not a desktop thing, but on my big screen I know for sure I'm not clicking something I'm not supposed to. On the tablet things are so small and slow.....you never know what may happen.

For the money they have to rake out, I can expect my clients to at least be able to switch a photo around. That to mee seems totally reasonable.

worst part is....when it was free....it all worked fine
    Then we definitely need a test page as my version works in XC where I can select an image in a grid and change it.

For €67, I would be calling on Xara to sort it out next.

I assume the grid isn't locked?

Acorn

nope, no locks, no restrictions, nothing.
    When I try to load a grid in the cloud itself, as soon as I try to resize or move it, the program freezes, needing to refresh and after that, that grid also is not responding to anything.

So....I will be having to contact them I'm afraid..... Was hoping it was something easy I could do to fix it.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ss xara cloud refresh.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	49.6 KB 
ID:	123136

Attachment shows the window that keeps popping up whenever I try to do almost anything

Thanks for thinking with me anyways

nope, no locks, no restrictions, nothing.
    When I try to load a grid in the cloud itself, as soon as I try to resize or move it, the program freezes, needing to refresh and after that, that grid also is not responding to anything.

So....I will be having to contact them I'm afraid..... Was hoping it was something easy I could do to fix it.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ss xara cloud refresh.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	49.6 KB 
ID:	123136
    Attachment shows the window that keeps popping up whenever I try to do almost anything
    Thanks for thinking with me anyways
    Very frustrating for you. I have never had this pop-up.

Acorn

I sent them the .xar file, they are gonna have a look tomorrow.

I sent them the .xar file, they are gonna have a look tomorrow.
    I hope it gets resolved for you.

Acorn