Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Contact!

Cool Contact!

Hello everybody.

Never done this before, so not sure what to expect. I'm using xara web designer (as a demo at the moment), and finding most things pretty straight forward. I've managed to resolve a few problems by looking at this forum, but still have one major problem. Is it possible to produce a fully functioning CONTACTS PAGE? - with fields and submit buttons etc, I'm sure it's possible, and probably obvious, but without it, there aint no point in going any further (ie: buying the program). Tar, for your help (in advance).

Chris

Default Re: Contact!

Hi Chris,

Welcome to Talkgraphics.

I did a search of this forum for the keyword 'forms' and I think the best answer to your question is in the thread:
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...ighlight=forms

If you use the forum's Search (one of the options in the blue line at the top of each page. Once the Search box opens click on Advanced Search in the bottom left of the dialog. It does a better (relatively speaking search than the default.

The best way to do a search of TG is to go to goodle. Enter the keywords you want to use and add the site: option to limit the search to a specific site.

For example to search talkgraphics.com for the keyword forms the search string would look like the attached image.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	google-search.gif 
Views:	441 
Size:	11.5 KB 
ID:	60643  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

There is a great contact form in a sample website by Cleverly. I've asked how he/she created it. Scroll up a couple of posts from mine to reference it. Here is the Request Consultation page.

Talking Re: Contact!

Guy's

Just had a brief look at your suggestions, and already more confident in proceeding with my contacts page! Will let y'all know when the site goes live. Meanwhile, enjoy a preview of my photography.

Thanks, Chris.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Very good (from what I can see at that size, old man wearing tri-focals here

Good lighting and no noticeable motion blur. Did you post process or was this totally captured by the camera? Either way a good photo.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Er....sorry about the image quality (like I said, I'm pretty new to this game). I've tried again with another pic. Like the first one this has been cropped, and had a bit of post shoot surgery, but not too much. Hopefully this will be better (but not too big I hope).
    You can see more at www.harlequinphotographic.com (my first attempt at a web site - the Xara one will be my second attempt). While I'm here, I noticed on another forum, the only way to make a slide show in Xara is via an external flash animation, is this true?

Thanks again for your help and comments.

Chris.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tunstall.jpg 
Views:	420 
Size:	107.4 KB 
ID:	60654  
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 08 May 2009 at 08:59 PM.

Well using Flash would be easier than writing a javascript (unless you are a guru of javascript .

There are probably some free scripts available on the net that could do the slide show using a placeholder and the replace with HTML option.

I guess it would depend on your preference of using javascript or other scripting language and using flash.

I don't know why anyone would say something cannot be done using Web Designer. It seems people are finding ways to do anything someone has a need for the program to accomplish.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Another very good photo.

Looks like the right arm of the rider had some excessive wear.

I saw a young man take a curve (300 degree turn on an uphill slope) too fast at Lake Okutama in Japan. The left foot peg ate the asphalt and he and the bike went in different directions. Fortunately he was well padded in a new set of leathers. The only thing damaged on the rider was his pride and some road rash marks on those new leathers.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Smile Re: Contact!

Hello

Just thought I'd let you know my (second ever attempt at a) web site is now up. I still have problems with the contacts page, but I'm on to it. Hope you like the site. www.harlequinphotographic.com

Chris.
    Last edited by The Jaz Man; 11 May 2009 at 05:34 PM. Reason: missed site address out!

hi chris
    dont know if you've already had a look at this site but i came across it on here & it has made putting forms in my sites so easy - quite easy to configure as well.

http://www.jotform.com/

paul