Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Oil Painting

Default Oil Painting

I use the power of 21st century computing to change a photo into a painting. The attached image is a man who paints with his mouth and this is his first attempt with oils.

In the art evolution he is a Cyborg and I am somewhere between amoeba and jellyfish.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mouth Painting.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	81.1 KB 
ID:	123213

Default Re: Oil Painting

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    I use the power of 21st century computing to change a photo into a painting.
    Well sort-of. Paintings aren't photographs or faithful representations as photographs are. Software generated 'paintings' have no soul.

The attached image is a man who paints with his mouth and this is his first attempt with oils.

In the art evolution he is a Cyborg and I am somewhere between amoeba and jellyfish.

Name:	Mouth Painting.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	81.1 KB 
ID:	123213
    I think most artists would be horrified to be likened to a cyborg. Art is about people's soul not automation.

He's a talented guy and puts into perspective everyone's moans and complaints about something as trivial as software.

I applaud him to be able to paint like that holding the brush in his mouth. Being a painter myself for many years and now an oil painter I am currently struggling with Parkinson's, I hope I can overcome that as well as this person. I have seen several artists with severe handicaps such as his do beautiful work.,
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

True, cyborg was a very poor choice in retrospect. My point was to show the vast difference between artist and non artist.
    I know there are other artists that paint with their mouths and feet, but this painting stood out to me because it was his first piece using oils as a medium...and it still came out well. Maybe changing mediums isn't as hard as I would imagine it to be.

Do you have any design tools to recommend, which can be used to turn cartoons into splashes or watercolors.
    like this cock https://www.nicepng.com/ourpic/u2q8i...-png-cock-png/

edulofter I just had a look around and there are several programs that can do what you ask. Dynamic Auto Painter by media chance is one example.

https://www.mediachance.com/dap/index.html

others are photoslhop, corel draw, and many others.
    just search with your browser for something like photo to art and you will find many.
    I do not use any of those but hay if that's your thing go for it.
    None of them are free.
    I'm not sure if Xara can do that or not.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

JixiPix is one of my favourites for this type of thing. They have quite a few software options for different effects. The Watercolor Pro is probably the one from what you described, and not wallet destroying either.

https://jixipix.com/watercolor-studio/details.html

Quote Originally Posted by pauland
    Software generated 'paintings' have no soul.
    these remain photographs - they have just been post-processed to 'look like a painting'; but if no actual painting is involved, it 'aint.
    Last edited by handrawn; 16 February 2019 at 09:05 AM. Reason: fix quote
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Try Fotosketcher or Sketch Drawer or if you have Filter Forge there are many filters you can choose from.

If you were really creative, you could use one of the many effects under FX within Xara Designer Pro or Xara Photo and Graphic Designer.

This was done in Fotosketcher.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Temp.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	131.8 KB 
ID:	123397  
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

or there again

'pen and ink with sepia ink wash' effect done in xara with mehdi vibrations and edges

Name:	paiwsw.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	83.2 KB 
ID:	123398
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...