Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Downloaded Xara Zip Files

Good Friday Evening All,

I've just unzipped 9 Xara Template files from (michal@nserwis.pl). How do I get these files imported into my copy of Xara Web Design Premium 15? I will very much appreciate help with this. Right now I can't even open these unzipped files to see the actual websites. Thanks much.

bob

Default Re: Downloaded Xara Zip Files

The files must have the extension XAR or WEB - they can be opened in the program.
    Without a file you can not communicate more.

P&G 10, 11, 15; XWD Premium 11,15; XDPX 15.1; XDPX 18.5; XDPX 19; XBuilder;

mmr, unpack the files to a local folder.

Open Xara WDP15 and then select the Local designs gallery and click the Disc designs button. Navigate to the new folder and pick that.

Adding to a gallery
    You may want to add extra items to these galleries (LOCAL DESIGNS, FILL & FONTS
    galleries only). To do this:
    4. Copy the files you want to add into a new directory (folder) using the Windows
    Explorer.
    - For the LOCAL DESIGNS GALLERY these files can be any of a wide range of
    vector or bitmap file types.
    - For the FILL GALLERY they can be any of the bitmap formats supported by
    Designer Pro (listed in importing and exporting (on page 575)).
    - For the FONTS GALLERY they can be Adobe Type 1 or TrueType fonts.
    5. In the appropriate gallery, click the "DISC DESIGNS/FILLS/FONTS" button. This opens
    a dialog box.
    6. Use the dialog box to select the directory you want to add.
    7. Click "ADD". This creates a new section in the gallery.
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Good Saturday Morning Acorn,
    I sure do appreciate all this help. I ordered this website material from Mat who sells Xara websites. However, you mentioned "fonts". Each of these websites has fonts. Will I have to identify and separate them in order to put them where you directed? Spamiky mentioned the files have to terminate in WEB or XAR and that was very helpful, but I figured they all must end in WEB or XAR since they are developed for Xara Premium. By the way, is 1200px width considered "Full Width". If not, what would that width be used for since 960px is considered normal? Thank you all again.

bob

Quote Originally Posted by musicmanrobert View Post
    Good Saturday Morning Acorn,
    I sure do appreciate all this help. I ordered this website material from Mat who sells Xara websites. However, you mentioned "fonts". Each of these websites has fonts. Will I have to identify and separate them in order to put them where you directed? Spamiky mentioned the files have to terminate in WEB or XAR and that was very helpful, but I figured they all must end in WEB or XAR since they are developed for Xara Premium. By the way, is 1200px width considered "Full Width". If not, what would that width be used for since 960px is considered normal? Thank you all again.

bob
    bob, for the Fonts, you just need to install them on your PC and Xara then finds them. The Fonts (Disc fonts) button is for those not wanting to install the fonts for all applications to use.

For websites, the files will be .WEB if they are for XWDP. I use xaratemplates.com and Michal has a lot of guidance on how to set things up that I am sure is transferrable.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Good Tuesday Morning Acorn,

The websites I purchased were from "xaratemplates.com" back in April last year. Several times I tried to contact him regarding questions I've posed here but never got a response from Michal. After a while I forgot about these websites til recently. I must admit, he does have nice looking websites, especially one's for business. Thank you Acorn. I very much appreciate.

bob

Quote Originally Posted by musicmanrobert View Post
    Good Tuesday Morning Acorn,

The websites I purchased were from "xaratemplates.com" back in April last year. Several times I tried to contact him regarding questions I've posed here but never got a response from Michal. After a while I forgot about these websites til recently. I must admit, he does have nice looking websites, especially one's for business. Thank you Acorn. I very much appreciate.

bob
    bob, thank you for advising.

I am currently building a client site using XT_109. In doing so, I have examined a lot of Michal's techniques, structure and code and other than a few niggles i have found them to be superior to Xara's approach.

I purchased his mega-bundle offer and this one client design has recouped the purchase and saved me a lot of design time.

When i have finished, I will document the tweaks i required to improve the template. Much, in the end, was working around Xara issues rather than template ones.

Acorn