Thread: Flex my Hex

Default Re: Flex my Hex

ah teach a man to fish...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    ah teach a man to fish...
    True, but in my defence he'll probably look at it and say "that's rubbish, I'll do it myself". It also looks like he's in a hurry to upload his main passion, music. You're right though; he should definitely redo the whole thing himself just for the learning of it.

the irony is, I would fiddle with it myself because I never got into the CAD based construction based on nodes, that is 'vector drawing' - I'm a freehand artist, 'expression' rather than 'precision'; xara is not good at freehand in this way - if we had 24 inch cintiq, 32GB memory, multicore proccessors and 64bit OS 16 years ago, I doubt I would even have tried
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thanks a lot Chris. I've already used what sent. I was insanely helpful in getting a scheme that worked on the flyer. I didn't use the orange instead went with the blue. How did you retrace this? F4 you say?

I used the 'Shape Tool' which has the keyboard shortcut F4. The official Xara video tutorial can be found here: http://www.xara.com/uk/web-designer/...1/2648.568794/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shape Tool.png 
Views:	128 
Size:	91.5 KB 
ID:	123106

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
    Alright gang this is what's going on. So I've created this poster/avatar for my next mix that I will be uploading. I was trying to get the colors in my logo to match the color of in the font. Because of the way Xara works, I can't choose the hex number to match these colors when using the color enhancing tool, the colors seem off to me. Attached are the finished product and the original logo.Attachment 123096Attachment 123097
    There is also another option that I have used in the Past, seeing that the logo is all white with black and red graphics, you could use paint.net.
    open the png file of the image in Paint.net and use the magic lasso tool to select and copy or cut black then red parts in to a new layer.
    Or try having your friend export the .ai version from PS and see if the helps, I have been able to open .ai files with Xara.

Dre

Iggy Logo
    Last edited by SgtDre; 08 January 2019 at 06:10 AM. Reason: Added You Tube Link -Private- Vdeo

if its a complicated redraw you could use inkscape's bucket fill which works on bitmaps, or if you have illustrator, it's live trace and live paint
    Nothing lasts forever...

Another way to achieve the result is to paint select the area you wish to change color, use the select color to enhance tool in the enhance photo menu and then change the saturation and hue till you reach the desired color.
    I've attached a file to better explain what I mean.
    Hope it could be useful.

Marco.

Flex my Hex.xar
    Marco.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Going back to what others have said about recreating the logo as a .xar vector, there is a fairly quick and easy way to do it with the magic lasso tool. You just click around each shape to select the area of the photo and copy and paste to cut out the selection as a vector shape. Then just change the fill of the new shape from bitmap to vector and at the end you will have an accurate vector version of your logo that you can recolour and resize to your hearts content

Check out this video to learn the basics of using the lasso tool for this purpose. Here is a link to the finished version of the orchid illustration that I started in the video https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...tic-Lasso-tool and that thread also contains a link to the original thread that I created the video for.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.