Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Skatter Font

Default Skatter Font

I bought ($8.00) Skatter Font from https://www.creativefabrica.com/product/skatter/
    It's an ugly little thing, isn't it? But I liked it so took it home with me. I installed it in Windows without a hitch, opened Illustrator CS6 and took it for a spin. No problemo. The version shown (in teal) automatically came up with the tt glyph.I opened XDP15, and after jumping through the usual hoops I managed to get the fuschia version underneath. Impressed? Not so much. The tt glyph is different, and what is worse is cut off for some reason, so badly that the word could just as easily be 'Scaller' This really isn't good enough.

I know that v.16 has been released into the wild and I wondered if anyone would care to open the attached Scatter.xar file with the latest version and see if it works there. I would be keen to know the degree of success that might be obtained.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Scatter.png 
Views:	211 
Size:	44.6 KB 
ID:	123087  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Default Re: Skatter Font

At least in the free, personal-use version, that ugly tt ligature is what is there.

But there isn't the tt variant you have in the Illy version so I cannot access the font to see where it is in the OT features.

This is how Illy displays the glyphs (pictured). The two different t glyphs need to be selected from the glyph panel,
    but the arrangement I have shown doesn't seem to appear anywhere else.

Name:	Illustrator.png 
Views:	283 
Size:	45.5 KB 
ID:	123088  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

The ugly tt ligature does appear unbidden from time to time.
    For 8 bucks, I'm not bothered by it.

Name:	tt.png 
Views:	266 
Size:	20.0 KB 
ID:	123089  

Ah, you were composing that tt combination using the glyph panel. I read your post as it were an automatic substitution.

Yep, without a glyph browser, one needs to use another utility.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capture-002411.png 
Views:	229 
Size:	14.5 KB 
ID:	123090